Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 217

Blaiserboy:
macd_alert2_fixed.mq4 try this one

Unfortunatelly, this one doesn't work too. May be there is another indicator?

PeterParker:
Unfortunatelly, this one doesn't work too. May be there is another indicator?

I just placed the indicator on my chart and it works fine.

Blaiserboy:
I just placed the indicator on my chart and it works fine.

It works fine for me too.

As far as I see everything is OK within the code (it should work OK). It shows both types of alerts (as it is seen on the picture)

Files:
macd_alerts.gif  74 kb

Error in RenkoLiveChart_v3.2

The EA file ( RenkoLiveChart_v3.2) would not work for me so I added this to it and a presto it works for me hope this helps everybody.

///------- Added this to stop error---+

#import "stdlib.ex4"

string ErrorDescription(int error_code);

int RGB(int red_value, int green_value, int blue_value);

bool CompareDoubles(double number1, double number2);

string DoubleToStrMorePrecision(double number, int precision);

string IntegerToHexString(int integer_number);

///-- I'am no programmer---+

renkolivechart_v3.2.mq4

Got it to load now but no data in off line chart

Files:

southporttrader:
The EA file ( RenkoLiveChart_v3.2) would not work for me so I added this to it and a presto it works for me hope this helps everybody.

///------- Added this to stop error---+

#import "stdlib.ex4"

string ErrorDescription(int error_code);

int RGB(int red_value, int green_value, int blue_value);

bool CompareDoubles(double number1, double number2);

string DoubleToStrMorePrecision(double number, int precision);

string IntegerToHexString(int integer_number);

///-- I'am no programmer---+

renkolivechart_v3.2.mq4

Got it to load now but no data in off line chart

This damned thing worked for me without your mod.

Have you enough history ? You know it's an expert, not an indicator right ?

You load it on 1 minute chart ?

In options of metatrader you checked : enable live expert and allow dlls ?

??????????????

Here is renko expert 3.4, but i only have ex4, sorry.

Files:

whipsaw

whoa!!! please guys,,share filtering technics against the chop...(

got whipsawed 4 times in a single day

Files:
side_ways.jpg  121 kb

tm9:
whoa!!! please guys,,share filtering technics against the chop...( got whipsawed 4 times in a single day

did you only sell? no buy? why?

A)draw a trendline - this chart is going up, only buy.

B)or take a longterm moving average to filter your trades - only buy if above, only sell if below. you will miss some good entries, but you will have less whipsaw-trades.

test this one exception to the rules: if you have a divergence and you are near a support/resistance level.

C)set up a larger renko and take only trades in his direction, for example a 10 pip and a 50 pip. if 50 pip is green ,only buy.

i tried adx, but don´t think that it helps (i don´t like adx at all, never used it because i can´t see any value in it. other traders may have diffrent experiance, but for me personally makes no sense).

test it and please tell me what you think about it.

marley60:
did you only sell? no buy? why?

A)draw a trendline - this chart is going up, only buy.

B)or take a longterm moving average to filter your trades - only buy if above, only sell if below. you will miss some good entries, but you will have less whipsaw-trades.

test this one exception to the rules: if you have a divergence and you are near a support/resistance level.

C)set up a larger renko and take only trades in his direction, for example a 10 pip and a 50 pip. if 50 pip is green ,only buy.

i tried adx, but don´t think that it helps (i don´t like adx at all, never used it because i can´t see any value in it. other traders may have diffrent experiance, but for me personally makes no sense).

test it and please tell me what you think about it.

i did take the buy trades ,that's what took me to breakeven.......

1)yeah,,,that's right....longterm MAs work as filters,,but...MAs follow the price footprints & so do the other indicators,price doesn't.....who knows when market lose volatility & go choppy...or get extreme & gonna breakout...

(10pip box)

i dont have enough mt4 historical data to show u ,,,but market can keep moving sideways for extended period of time(2-3months) giving u loads of losing streaks...thats why so many profitable strategies survived 1-3yrs max....

we better find a way out for both trending & ranging market.......(123-pattern + zig&zag + harmonic patterns)

2)i'd like to stay naked all the time..

I think,renko is pure price action,,lagging indicators may kill the purpose of using renko,,only leading indicators give an edge in renko trading

I'am trying to find a way to incorporate 123pattern/wave & zigzag into this system (pls,.help my tired brain if u have any idea )

3)Using 50-100pips box turns this scalping system into a long term swing trading method,no doubt,it can also have the same choppy phases at some points...

Files:
jpg3.jpg  72 kb
jpg2.jpg  156 kb

"I think,renko is pure price action,,lagging indicators may kill the purpose of using renko,,only leading indicators give an edge in renko trading"

leading indicators? like oscillators? they will make you go short all the way up in a rally, i don´t think that will help.

fact is we just don´t know when a market goes from trending to sideways or from sideways to trending.

i think classic chart patterns or trendlines do the best job to determine whether a chart is trending/going sideways.

everything else is looking for the holy grail. i know people love that and many sell holy grails on the web, but none of them really work. they just show well choosen examples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zmr97A5N9U will this sup/res technique help avoid whipsaws?

Reason: