Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 181

marley60:
today in the first 2 or 3 minutes after the unemployment news:

renkochart does not draw the bricks correct. the fraktals(local highs/lows) of an barchart and of the renkochart are different.(bricks are missing)

happens every time markets speed up after news.

is my pc too slow?

do you have similar observations?

shutting down and restarting metatrader does not correct the wrong bricks.

can I correct the data manually?

"renkochart does not draw the bricks correct" -because unemployment news were falsified...and misleading...

kol8701:
See attachment below. This is no way some holy grail but if you keep at it and not give up half way, im sure one will be profitable and you shouldn't forget about the macd rule that has to hit below or upper red lines on the macd window.

Thanks bud. Ive went into the levels tab in the macd properties but cant see any lines, color set to red and values are 0.070, -0.070, 0.080 and -0.080 as in your screenshots.

Strange, never had that happen before? Any suggesstions as to how to get the lines to come up? No values are plotting any lines in that macd indy.

WilteredFire:
Would you be kind enough to post all the indicators including the Renko indy you're using there in the template you posted? Tried loading it up but it doesn't load everything up correctly. Would be much appreciated so I can trial it out with some live trades and report back later in the week

See attachment below.

This is no way some holy grail but if you keep at it and not give up half way, im sure one will be profitable and you shouldn't forget about the macd rule that has to hit below or upper red lines on the macd window.

Files:

Do it manually... just click on the Horizontal line on your mt4 and put it on the macd window.

Dont forget to set to breakeven when in 15pips profit, the swiss army ea below would help with that.

Files:

Thanks bud. much appreciated.

Do you have any thoughts of maybe using the "Para" (parallel renko blocks) version of the renko indy for trying to catch breakouts and trend lines with your chart?

I'll maybe experiment with this, see what might be better

Have a good weekend.

marley60:
backtesting is ok.

a system that cant earn money in a backtest: forget it!

a system that ears money in a backtest: do some (realtime)forward testing.

many eas cant earn money on a forward test. history repeats itself, but not down to the tick.

and 2 renko special:

-just because you dont see gaps dont think there are non.

-the swings around news look good, but are you fast enough to trade them?

Backtesting is not correct on renko and how to make it correctly I do not know by now.

trendchangetrader:
You cannot... only test on demo acct and you will see that the pure candle ea is no good

Pure candle does not have any matter with it. It is because the nature of the renko. I do not talk about backtesting on demo. I am talking about getting correct results on backtesting at least.

Really challenging to work with renko charts on MT4. Can anyone suggest other trading platforms where renko charts are already available by default and better speed than in MT4.

rome777:
Backtesting is not correct on renko and how to make it correctly I do not know by now. Pure candle does not have any matter with it. It is because the nature of the renko. I do not talk about backtesting on demo. I am talking about getting correct results on backtesting at least.

You cannot get correct results on backtesting renko

Bandiit:
Really challenging to work with renko charts on MT4. Can anyone suggest other trading platforms where renko charts are already available by default and better speed than in MT4.

I use Sierra Chart... it is good and inexpensive... you may use tick data or minute data for your bricks... I also have used Tradestation... they only use 1 tick data for their renko charts... I like having the choice with Sierra Chart and SC is much more affordable than TS. Also, SC has a few different options for their renko...

Hope this helps

Reason: