Is it possible to use Renko bricks with 1 second timeframe (or less)? (Including charting, backtesting and autotrading?)

Hi! I'm aware that renkos have diminishing returns as timeframes go up.

In fact in TradingView.com I use renkos on a 1 second chart and the results aren't bad!

I'm new to Metatrader and I'm curious to know if renko bricks can be used with e.g. a 1 second timeframe, or even "faster" (more granular), i.e., ticks?

And if so, can 1 second (or tick) data be used for backtesting and autotrading?

I'm hoping I'm not limited by the 1m OHLC.

Thanks so much community! Getting a handle on this will be so helpful for me.

Kindly

I always thought Renko charts are without a timeframe.

What's the use of timeframes with Renko charts?

I suppose you are referring to the underlying source, the renko chart is being rendered on.

Search for rent charts on mql. They are tick based.

ddchbm: Hi! I'm aware that renkos have diminishing returns as timeframes go up.

Renko are price tick based charts. They have no timeframe.

ddchbm:

Hi! I'm aware that renkos have diminishing returns as timeframes go up.

In fact in TradingView.com I use renkos on a 1 second chart and the results aren't bad!

I'm new to Metatrader and I'm curious to know if renko bricks can be used with e.g. a 1 second timeframe, or even "faster" (more granular), i.e., ticks?

And if so, can 1 second (or tick) data be used for backtesting and autotrading?

I'm hoping I'm not limited by the 1m OHLC.

Thanks so much community! Getting a handle on this will be so helpful for me.

Kindly

You are probably referring to the indicator section in strategy tester that allows for 1m OHLC only, whereas the EA Section can work with "every tick"

If you meant to literally "get a handle on it", I suggest you look into icustom, build an EA and try it again with every tick in visual mode.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
I always thought Renko charts are without a timeframe.

William Roeder #:

Renko are price tick based charts. They have no timeframe.

then what is this? Is this not Renko? It says ATR 14,0 on tradingview and Renko changes when I change timeframe.

I am wondering why this is changing as per timeframe as you say Renko are built without timeframe??

Please enlighten me

Files:
Reason: