New Dolly - page 10

prakash.jj:
How to setup email alerts. Please help me.

Very difficult for me to sit infront of the screen as I am working as a software eng.

Thanks

I am using gmx.com webmail account. Just go and sign up, it is free.

Then from the MT4 terminal, go to tools>options>email. Do the following setting:

SMTP Server : mail.gmx.com:587

SMTP Login : yourusername@gmx.com

SMTP Password : your password to login gmx mail

To : any email

Click the button "test". You should received test message in your email.

From the Dolly indicator, just set the email alert to true, then set the time of email alert start to work.

jcosta:
Hello All,

Before all, i want to manifest my congratulations and admiration for the developer of this great system and indicator CJA and all colaboratores.

I'm memeber of forex-tsd forum since a long time ago, and at this momment i decided to share with all a few changes that i have made on the CJA Dolly V13 indicator.

I just want to said that i'm just a regular computer science guy with a few forex knowledge that made a home small investment.

I start from the HARD WORK from CJA from earlier versions of dolly and from the last and i transform the Dolly indicator on the Expert Advisor... yes an expert advisor

This is the very first version and i don't have any test from historical data or any strategy tested. So you are free to test/use and judge for your self.

Like the CJA said before and with respect for the work he developed... i'll publishe only the ex4 file... and as long as the time goes on i will publish the updated version for all.

At this momment i use the standart parameter as in the EA... please feel free to change and share with us the results.

You may also made any kind of suggestions and critics... i hope we all can improve the system soon.

Regards

JCosta

Tried backtesting this for last 1 year on M30. Didnt generate any trades. AM I missing anything?

Can you post your backtesting results.

Hi JCosta

Many many thanks for the EA. Will certainly test it. Not sure if you are using the open price and then the targets for buying and selling? I have only been using the analysis part of the Dolly indicator and it has worked phenomenally well for me. I only take a trade when the Analysis, Strength, and Trend are all lining up eg UP STRONG BULLISH on the M5 timeframe. If the H1 is then sideway or down weak I will take the trade. Would it be possible to develop an ea around this? I also wait for the M1 and M5 to be 100%...

Best rgds

Download again the EA and use the CJA password

Hello All,

Sorry for my mistake... you have to download again and use the CJA password on the EA to work... hope this solve the problem.

Again sorry... i don't have any backtest... just the teory of the system and at this momment only one strategy...

You don't need any indicator on the chart.. only the EA

JCosta

jcosta:
Hello All,

Sorry for my mistake... you have to download again and use the CJA password on the EA to work... hope this solve the problem.

Again sorry... i don't have any backtest... just the teory of the system and at this momment only one strategy...

You don't need any indicator on the chart.. only the EA

JCosta

Its working fine on my GBP/USD pair. But is failing with below error when trying to execute on EUR/USD

2009.10.08 13:16:04 Dolly_Graphics_byCJA_EA_byPC EURUSD,H1: Colocar ordem BUY

2009.10.08 13:16:02 Dolly_Graphics_byCJA_EA_byPC EURUSD,H1: Error Code= 4109

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Prakash

I have one more question.

I can see the below things on my chart.

Local Time: 13:42

GMT: 13:42

Broker : 10:14

Platform Offset: 03:28Hrs

But I am in India. So Local time is correct. But GMT is wrong. It should be 5.30 hrs behind my time.

How do I set this. Does it make any difference in giving the signals..

Pls reply.

jcosta:
Hello All,

Before all, i want to manifest my congratulations and admiration for the developer of this great system and indicator CJA and all colaboratores.

I'm memeber of forex-tsd forum since a long time ago, and at this momment i decided to share with all a few changes that i have made on the CJA Dolly V13 indicator.

I just want to said that i'm just a regular computer science guy with a few forex knowledge that made a home small investment.

I start from the HARD WORK from CJA from earlier versions of dolly and from the last and i transform the Dolly indicator on the Expert Advisor... yes an expert advisor

This is the very first version and i don't have any test from historical data or any strategy tested. So you are free to test/use and judge for your self.

Like the CJA said before and with respect for the work he developed... i'll publishe only the ex4 file... and as long as the time goes on i will publish the updated version for all.

At this momment i use the standart parameter as in the EA... please feel free to change and share with us the results.

You may also made any kind of suggestions and critics... i hope we all can improve the system soon.

Additional Notes:

- in the EA the dolly graphics restart the paint visual on each session you active;

- for each sessions you active... you may configure the way EA trades;

- for the EA open trades you have to have TRUE on Show_Entry_Trend_Analysis;

- this version of EA only have the maintrend on consideration... for the future we may consider different strategys and open parameters;

- if you want to use all 3 trades... i recommend you to divide by 3 the lot size of your usualy trade. For example, if you trade 0,6 lots on one trade, in this case you should use 0,2 for the 1st trade, 0,2 for the 2st and 0,2 for the last.

As soon as possible i will update.

Regards

JCosta

Hello!

How I can modify it EA,how tp and SL should not add levels to him automatically?

GMT Time

prakash.jj:
I have one more question.

I can see the below things on my chart.

Local Time: 13:42

GMT: 13:42

Broker : 10:14

Platform Offset: 03:28Hrs

But I am in India. So Local time is correct. But GMT is wrong. It should be 5.30 hrs behind my time.

How do I set this. Does it make any difference in giving the signals..

Pls reply.

It does not affect the signals in any way, the time window is purely for your information. If you had taken the time to read the 1st Post carefully you would have found out that the GMT time is not accurate in some parts of the world. It appears to be a common problem with all of the GMT indicators i have tested.

prakash.jj:
Its working fine on my GBP/USD pair. But is failing with below error when trying to execute on EUR/USD

2009.10.08 13:16:04 Dolly_Graphics_byCJA_EA_byPC EURUSD,H1: Colocar ordem BUY

2009.10.08 13:16:02 Dolly_Graphics_byCJA_EA_byPC EURUSD,H1: Error Code= 4109

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Prakash

Please check expert properties - Common tab - Allow Live Trading

jcosta:
Please check expert properties - Common tab - Allow Live Trading

Looks like it is working fine. But I think its not putting any TP and becasue of that, even if its in profit of 20-30 pips, its waiting.

and at last Stoploss triggers and it comes out

can we set the TP or Trailing Stoploss by anyhow for this EA.

Otherthan that, this looks really good.

I cant see any review happening with this EA other than me :-(

Why? nobody interested in this EA..and they have better EA than this?

Thanks,

Prakash

Reason: