Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1771

Most of the traders expect that the eurusd will target the 1.22 from last month.

Unless ECB really uses the QE words, we might as well have seen all the change priced in. If they do tell QE, then we shall see all hell break out

eurofreek:
Unless ECB really uses the QE words, we might as well have seen all the change priced in. If they do tell QE, then we shall see all hell break out

Goldman & Sachs are claiming that QE is far from being priced in. Everybody expecting QE

There is so little change that this will blow - as soon as ECB press conference starts

The ECB rate decision certainly had an effect but it was not the effect I was hoping for. Still, despite the movement to the upside I don't believe that the bearish trend is over yet. I still think that the EUR/USD pair will reach target 1.22 sooner or later.

victoriajensen:
The ECB rate decision certainly had an effect but it was not the effect I was hoping for. Still, despite the movement to the upside I don't believe that the bearish trend is over yet. I still think that the EUR/USD pair will reach target 1.22 sooner or later.

They postponed the QE decision to the beginning of the next year. That is why the correction. ECB "smart heads" want a long winter vacation (Swiss Alps I guess) and the market is reading that (rightfully) as a fear (or no permission from Bundesbank) to start the QE. We can expect more correction since FED is also postponing rate hikes all the time

I support the bearish trend and the 1.22 at the end of Dec.

What a whipsaw 60 pips in less than a minute

Either a big, big sell order was placed, or a whole bunch of stop losses was hit (but from the price changes, almost sure that a big short was opened)

Abdul2012:
I support the bearish trend and the 1.22 at the end of Dec.

I'm not sure it would be end of Dec, but I do agree overall trend is bearish and at the current level we might reach to 1.22 level soon.

eurofreek:
What a whipsaw 60 pips in less than a minute Either a big, big sell order was placed, or a whole bunch of stop losses was hit (but from the price changes, almost sure that a big short was opened)

It looks more like someone closing a big position in profit. See how the price was pushed down first - that is a sure sign of cleaning up before the push. When the momentum was lost, they simple exited. Market makers at money collecting job

Don't forget that NFP is tomorrow : the stage is prepared for NFP now. Draghis lame speech and excuses why ECB is not going to do anything - again - is finished. We should expect continuation tomorrow. With usual FED data rigging, the clear bearish trend should continue : there are no signs of any change of it - not on a daily chart and not regarding the expected range of the bearish channel - all as usual

Files:
eurusd_1.gif  66 kb
Reason: