Searching for market patterns - page 4

DDFedor:

... What questions cannot be answered by the presented scheme?

How can the scheme presented be used to increase the account balance?

zy.

i'm still running my scheme here

tractor

avtomat:

How can the scheme be used to increase the account balance?

Easy. If there is an obstacle in the form of a river or a steep slide in front of such a group, the group will probably bypass it, or go in the opposite direction. Do you see the balance of the account starting to increase?

yosuf:

I have no doubt that many forum threads are devoted to this topic, but I would like to return to it once again to collect and comprehend new thoughts of participants here in the hope to get a trace of any market patterns, if such can exist in principle.

See https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10151

The method allows you to sift out false "patterns" from the fits to the story. Not perfect of course, but some of the falsehoods are screened out and the real ones (if they were in the fit) remain.

I have recently discovered a pattern which has been producing profits on OOS since 2004.

avtomat:

In my opinion, this approach is not so much flawed as it is narrow-minded...

I will try to explain my point of view. First of all, let me remind you of such notions as individual and group movements. You can imagine them with such a simple and illustrative example:

A boundless ocean, calm. A huge cruise liner is moving calmly and measuredly from port A to port B. On the liner there are a thousand passengers, minding their own business, playing and having fun, walking left-right, running back and forth... rest ;) == each of them in their own individual movement ... But they are all together on a liner, carrying them all together, as a group, from point A to point B == it is their group movement ...

So, getting back to the topic, we can compare this approach to trying to determine the direction of an airliner by the individual movements of its individual passengers.

Yes, this is an attempt to decompose the one-dimensional up - down price movement into a two-dimensional one based on the same features. We are not looking at the movement of passengers inside the ship, but trying to determine the resulting movement by analysing the reversal movement of the ship. The movement of the price inside the bar is not considered yet. We can probably stop at the closing price of the bar for now. By the way, I think we should also pay attention to the peculiarities of price movement inside the bar; so far not many people pay attention to this question and limit themselves to some average characteristics of the bar at their own discretion. Such a wonderful tool as the Japanese candlesticks, for all its advantages, is not without disadvantages, because it only partly allows you to judge the nature of the movement within a bar. I think their informativeness can be increased by taking into account the total time of price stay or lag vertically, by placing micro points in a horizontal direction and then even the dodge will be more informative, and the candlesticks themselves will better inform you about the nature of price movement inside the bar. If someone decided to realize this fact programmatically, we may get interesting Japanese candlesticks.

yosuf:

We are not considering the movement of passengers inside the ship, we are trying to determine the resulting motion by analyzing the reverse motion of the ship.

No, you are not analysing the reverse motion of the ship. In this case, you are already removing the base carrier from consideration by initially using the differences.

SO

although i may have misunderstood something and you don't use differences?

but if the differences are used, you need a reverse transition

avtomat:

No, you are not analysing the reverse motion of the ship. In this case, you are already removing the base carrier from consideration by initially using the differences.

SO

although i may have misunderstood something and you don't use differences?

but if the differences are used, you need to reverse the transition

Here's what we do: We determine the closing price differences of adjacent bars d = C2 - C1, which we label as the resulting "quantum" or "momentum" movement. If d>0, then d=y (upward ), if d<0, then d=x (downward ) momentum. Summing up all y, and x, as they occur, we form their sums as Y (upward ) and X (downward ) movements. Each point on the chart was supposed to have X and Y coordinates, which was done by Avals; then he proposed and implemented the second option, deciding that it would be more visually informative if the deviation from the ray was set to 45 degrees. That is simply the difference between the abscissa and the X-Y ordinate. Subsequently, he also proposed and implemented another version not of the difference, but of the ratio of these values. Like how many times more upwards than downwards, or vice versa, depending on the type of the ratio. The first graph did not contain the parameter "time" explicitly, and in the last two cases it is present in retrospect. Now we need to make sense of the resulting graphs and try to look for any patterns in them. So far we have not drawn any conclusions.

yosuf:

Now we have to make sense of the graphs and try to look for any patterns in them.
I don't see anything new in this. This is how all Forex losers act. They take a price or any indicator chart (in any case it will be a curve, so there is no much difference how it is plotted and what it shows). They are looking for patterns (in a very strange way, usually collecting statistics, that does not guarantee anything and should not). Optimize it with a tester (to fit the story). They drain the money (because the pattern has turned out to be an illusion). Then they usually say that the market has changed and the process starts again. You can do this all your life and achieve nothing.

AlexeyFX:
I don't see anything new in that. This is how all forex losers act. They take a price chart or some indicator (in any case it will be a curve, so there is no big difference how it is plotted and what it shows). They are looking for patterns (in a very strange way, usually collecting statistics, that does not guarantee anything and should not). Optimize it with a tester (to fit the story). They drain the money (because the pattern has turned out to be an illusion). Then they usually say that the market has changed and the process starts again. You can do this all your life and achieve nothing.

What do non-losers do?

AlexeyFX:
I don't see anything new in that. This is how all forex losers act. They take a price chart or some indicator (in any case it will be a curve, so there is no big difference how it is plotted and what it shows). They are looking for patterns (in a very strange way, usually collecting statistics, that does not guarantee anything and should not). Optimize it with a tester (to fit the story). They drain the money (because the pattern has turned out to be an illusion). Then they usually say that the market has changed and the process starts again. You can do this all your life and achieve nothing.

Really, sergeev is right , what are you suggesting?

sergeev:

what do non-losers do?
Yeah, yeah, I wonder how non-losers do it, too.
Reason: