Eurusd/gbpusd - page 1526

Price Action Trading:
Not really, basically that means that shorten your P/L targets and trade on lower TF's. With a HFT ruled market, we may never see an ATR higher than this

I am doing that, but soon my targets are going to be 1/2 pips As if they are forcing us to use higher leverage accounts (and that is what I am not going to do) or bigger lot sizes (and that is again something I am not going to do)

In a tight ranges we can not compete with HFT

That is the reason why banks are making their own trading net

I agree, EURUSD price range is very tight, 40 pips average per day and usually is 100 pips.

honeill:
I agree, EURUSD price range is very tight, 40 pips average per day and usually is 100 pips.

I remember the "golden times" when just a 0.25% rate hike form BOE cause more than 100 pips gap. Now it would be 30-40.

eurofreek:
I am doing that, but soon my targets are going to be 1/2 pips As if they are forcing us to use higher leverage accounts (and that is what I am not going to do) or bigger lot sizes (and that is again something I am not going to do)

The whole 1/2 pips? That will be like a mountain (provided that spread/commission will still keep it in profitable zone - after all, we are not HFT and we can not get the same trading conditions they are getting - as long as they share the loot with the brokers)

nbtrading:
:) The whole 1/2 pips? That will be like a mountain (provided that spread/commission will still keep it in profitable zone - after all, we are not HFT and we can not get the same trading conditions they are getting - as long as they share the loot with the brokers)

Then I will by spectrum and do ultra-HFT trading :):)

We cannot say for sure that the GBPUSD has broken the 1.6800 level. We may still get a bounce to the downside from the current levels, but a visit to the next round number of the 1.6900 level could give us a good opportunity to go short from there.

Somebody was trying to front run German data And they got it wrong

eurofreek:
Somebody was trying to front run German data And they got it wrong

Whoever was front running got it very wrong in this tight range (it is still just 50 pips range)

Obviously the bets are that ECB will not do anything again, so the relevance of any US data is not so important. Mariao Draghi is the, if he likes it or not, a biggest market maker at a moment

Reason: