1065: developer 'Piphunter' - page 5

Thanks Piphunter,

I too was planning to write to you re hedge trades - yesterday it was obvious that echf had strong up momentum. It was disobeying the normal correlations I see, and I thought if only you could be trading in both directions, we'd be well in the pips.

I'm in the UK and with FXPRO, so its certainly not a problem.

The signal should be much more powerful then and be able to deal with days like yesterday.

Could you also let me know your vps provider so we would have minimum latency, although its been pretty good so far.

Thanks and have a good rest.

Pardy

Piphunder

Im new to your service ....

here i want to know.

1.which broker perform good live result result ?

2.which VPS you recommande ?

3.what is the open lot for capital USD 1k ?

waiting reply

thank!

umbrella:
Im new to your service ....

here i want to know.

1.which broker perform good live result result ?

2.which VPS you recommande ?

3.what is the open lot for capital USD 1k ?

waiting reply

thank!

1. fxpro, alpari

2. I'm temporarily switching vps... but vpsland.com cheap and commercialnetworks.com

3. 1k use .03 lots or 30 cents

Hi Piphunter,

There is a little contradiction in what you say about recommended investment at your RAS signal page (0.1 lots/2,5K) and your answer to 'Umbrella', where you say 0.03 lots/1K. According to your RAS statement, the investment for 1K should be 0.04/1K (0.1/2.5=0.04).

Do you give this answer because you want to be more conservative, or is it a simple mistake? - I think it is important because if we have to expect till to 14 opened trades at a time (hopefully this will not happen), the difference between 0.03 and 0.04 can become very important.

Finally, there is an issue with signal delay, which of course maybe different for each user, but in my case, I found out that your closing signals arrive a few seconds later to my terminal, than stated on your mt4 stats page, which means an average loss of about 1 to 2 pips to me. This might sound very little, but it sums up and up, and finally made me a loss of about $70 in the period 07.20 - 07.24 while you were at about $23 in profit.

This doesn't matter when you have a 'good' week, because in that case my profit is simply a little smaller than yours, but it makes a difference when there are situations like the above mentioned, because when you break even, I surely have a loss.

Well, I don't blame you for that, but I thought you should be aware of it (and RAS too, just in case there could be done something about this), because it might cause customers to cancel subscriptions.

I would hate to do that only for technical reasons, because I really like your trading style, but I must confess that I'm in a bit of a concern.

Well, let's see how next week goes. Happy trading to all!

Regards,

Christoph

As far as trade size reco goes, i always try to err on the conservative side. the current mt4 stats started on 2k account but i recommended 2500 to start.

I'm gonna try and make some minor adjustments to the signal to try and accomodate the lag. thanks for the feedback. Break even weeks should be few and far between if all goes well.

OK! Thanks for the answer.

Christoph

Can anyone let my know their results for the next few days? I'd like to know if the changes i made help any. I'm trying to account for RAS lag and slightly upping t/p for a single trade so even if yer off by 2-3 pips you'll be 1-2 pips higher than before. we'll see how the signal does this week with these new settings.

vendor , one question i need to ask .

since we know the signal is comming from a lot servicer , like you send signal to RAS and RAS send signal to User vps , then vps send to broker .......

In the transaction like this , is it posible lag on execution ?

there will will always be some form of lag, all we can do is minimize it. even if you had two computers side by side networked there will be lag when there is software like an mq4 EA is being used, albeit small, but there will be lag.

piphunter12:
Can anyone let my know their results for the next few days? I'd like to know if the changes i made help any. I'm trying to account for RAS lag and slightly upping t/p for a single trade so even if yer off by 2-3 pips you'll be 1-2 pips higher than before. we'll see how the signal does this week with these new settings.

Just for feedback, your last trade #335427:

your open/closed price: 1.52417 / 1.52393

my open/closed price: 1.52408 / 1.52422

3.8 pips difference. You won 2.4 pips, I lost 1.4 pips - ouch!. That's what happens on those tight 'piphuntings'.

I guess, the problem arises mainly when you manually close trades, because the take profit is a fixed value, so it will be the same for everyone, but when you trigger a manual signal, then the delay comes into play, leading to different results depending on internet traffic, etc..

So the best would be to let the price always hit take profit (hehe, that's an easy thing to say, I know..).

But anyway, heads up and, go, go Piphunter! :-)

Regards

Christoph

Reason: