Signal From Demo Account - History

I created a signal from a Demo Account, but I'm having issues with the existing history.

Here's what happened:

1. At first, I thought that only the trades made after the creation of the signal would make part of it. Ok, honest mistake, I have seen a lot of people thinking this too. Turns out the signal inherits all the past trades made on the account. This isn't good, because the history is full of trades made by several iterations of several EA's, manual trades, etc. Even though the signal ignores the history in some places, it uses it on the majority of the indicators and graphs on the signal's page;

2. I tried contacting my broker, asking for a new demo account. They said that if I canceled the subscription and resubscribed to the platform, this would reset the account. I did that, and what happened was I received the same account with a different password. When I logged in on MT5 with the new password, all the history was still there. Strangely enough, the balance on the "Trade" tab was brand new (R$ 10.000 in this case), but the balance on the "History" tab was still the old one, based on the old history;

3. When I saw that the history was still there, I contacted the broker again, asking for a brand-new account. They said that they would wipe the history of the existing account. One day later i received an e-mail from them telling me that they have done that. When I logged in, the old history was still there, and the balance was reset again to R$ 10.000;

4. Thinking this could be a bug or that MT5 somehow saved the history onto a file and was loading just to show on the platform, I went ahead and created the signal anyways.

Although the Equity displays the new balance correctly, the Profit and Initial Deposit show values based on the old history. The main graph of the signal showing -100% is also disturbing. What's also weird is that the history did not receive any adjustments after the "wipe" made by the broker, it still adds up to the old balance prior to that. But in the Balance graph, all the history is shown, starting from the negative total balance, and then all the trades made in the history brings the cumulative balance to the new one (R$ 10.095, which was R$ 10.000, but the EA made a successful trade).

I'm still trying to get a clean new demo account from the broker, just so I can leave all of this mess behind, but I'm still very confused by the way that these signals are implemented:

- Why not just show only what happens after the activation of the signal?

- If the old history is to be ignored, why use it to display stats and indicators on the signal's tabs? Why let it distort the signal's trading performance?

Anyways, sorry about the rant. I just spent a lot of time and effort trying to understand what's happening here.

It is to prevent people from being able to cheat and hide the past.

Otherwise they could do a lot of very risky trades to boost their performance and then hide it and continue to trade on a lower level of risk never revealing their draw down from the past that is responsible for the growth of the account.

I can understand that you tested many robots on one account but it's not a good idea to use this account for a signal, you better set up a new and clean account for a new signal.

Marco vd Heijden:

It is to prevent people from being able to cheat and hide the past.

Otherwise they could do a lot of very risky trades to boost their performance and then hide it and continue to trade on a lower level of risk never revealing their draw down from the past that is responsible for the growth of the account.

I can understand that you tested many robots on one account but it's not a good idea to use this account for a signal, you better set up a new and clean account for a new signal.

I still think that if the trades made before the signal were ignored, it wouldn't be possible for people to boost their performance. Because the performance of the signal would always start at zero, and only be accounted for what was traded when it was on (it shouldn't be possible to turn the signal off, do something, and then turn it on).

xthomasm:

I still think that if the trades made before the signal were ignored, it wouldn't be possible for people to boost their performance. Because the performance of the signal would always start at zero, and only be accounted for what was traded when it was on (it shouldn't be possible to turn the signal off, do something, and then turn it on).

Your signal started to be monitored today only (few hours ago).
And as far as I know - some main stats are refreshed (re-calculated) in midnight.
So, you should wait for one (or two) days just to see the stats.

Sergey Golubev:
Your signal started to be monitored today only (few hours ago).
And as far as I know - some main stats are refreshed (re-calculated) in midnight.
So, you should wait for one (or two) days just to see the stats.

That's good to know!
Honestly, the numbers displayed on the signal's page are so weird that it's plausible that some calculations need more data to appear correctly. I'll give it some time.

The Statistics tab is the one that I'm most worried about. It uses every trade of the history to show numbers that should otherwise be ignored.

Reason: