VPS and EAs - page 2

Thanks to all for your answers.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know.

VPS is better but not really a deal breaker.

So far, I have bought 3 EAs. The first 2 are not profitable at all so far and it's too soon to call for the third one (looks better so far).

I suppose the type of broker and execution speed could also make a big difference.

What would be an execution time you consider good in 2019 and how do you test it?

What objective and valid method can be used to evaluate if a broker is good or bad?

serge103:

Thanks to all for your answers.

That's pretty much what I wanted to know.

VPS is better but not really a deal breaker.

So far, I have bought 3 EAs. The first 2 are not profitable at all so far and it's too soon to call for the third one (looks better so far).

I suppose the type of broker and execution speed could also make a big difference.

What would be an execution time you consider good in 2019 and how do you test it?

What objective and valid method can be used to evaluate if a broker is good or bad?

Execution time is important if your strategy requires it (a scalper strategy would require the minimal execution time, 10 or 15ms, for example).

If your strategy holds your positions for several minutes/hours, a few miliseconds will not make a difference. It could be up to 200ms and make no difference.

I choose broker based on ratings I find on the internet. So for I've used IC Markets and XM and I like them both.

serge103:

Thanks.

By your answer, I understand that MT5 is probably faster, and in this case it would matter more. Is it correct? 

This depends on the used strategy for example for day trading it will not really matter but for scalping you want to be as fast as possible to minimize lag and slippages.

Reason: