Please fix this indicator or EA - page 114

Marco320:
Hello MLaden,

A lot of thx for the very quick reply. I will try and update you.

Thx Marco

Hello MLaden,

I recognized and forgot to ask you next:

if you drop the EA in the chart and setup the values it start working directly. But when you open a trade then close metatrader and restart the ea will not activate automatically. Then you have to drop the EA in the chart again to restart the EA. The same will happen when there is no open position. Even closing metatrader and restart and then you will take a position, the EA won't start automatically.

Is it possible when restarting MT4 that the ea is working directly as it was before closing metatrader?

Thx for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco320:
Hello MLaden,

I recognized and forgot to ask you next:

if you drop the EA in the chart and setup the values it start working directly. But when you open a trade then close metatrader and restart the ea will not activate automatically. Then you have to drop the EA in the chart again to restart the EA. The same will happen when there is no open position. Even closing metatrader and restart and then you will take a position, the EA won't start automatically.

Is it possible when restarting MT4 that the ea is working directly as it was before closing metatrader?

Thx for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco

When you close the terminal are the EAs enabled (like on the picture)? If yes, than it seems that metatrader has a problem with your profiles (the "Disable experts when profile gas changed" case) which would not be a wonder since new metatrader 4 has big problems with profiles

Files:
experts.gif  84 kb

mladen:
Marco When you close the terminal are the EAs enabled (like on the picture)? If yes, than it seems that metatrader has a problem with your profiles (the "Disable experts when profile gas changed" case) which would not be a wonder since new metatrader 4 has big problems with profiles

Hi MLaden,

Indeed that's turned on. Also in the tools "options" map Expert Advisors all is correct checked. But when you open the data input of the EA you see next attached in screenshot.

Thx Marco

Files:

Marco320:
Hi MLaden,

Indeed that's turned on. Also in the tools "options" map Expert Advisors all is correct checked. But when you open the data input of the EA you see next attached in screenshot.

Thx Marco

Marco

That does not have any influence to your issue

It is simply an option to allow functions in dll to be used.

More probably you are experiencing the profiles problems that I was talking about but I am not sure (with this new metatrader 4 we can not be sure of anything)

mladen:
Marco

That does not have any influence to your issue

It is simply an option to allow functions in dll to be used.

More probably you are experiencing the profiles problems that I was talking about but I am not sure (with this new metatrader 4 we can not be sure of anything)

Hi,

Ok thx a lot so far for the help, hope this issue will be solved by metaquotes asap.

I have read somewhere here something about tickdata. Will this speed up my renko platform? Now I think this will slow down the CPU a bit and if so can you send me the link because I cannot find it anymore? I thought you make an .ex2 file of version 1.6 (elite area?)? Do I have to import this as an indi or?

Thx for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco320:
Hi,

Ok thx a lot so far for the help, hope this issue will be solved by metaquotes asap.

I have read somewhere here something about tickdata. Will this speed up my renko platform? Now I think this will slow down the CPU a bit and if so can you send me the link because I cannot find it anymore? I thought you make an .ex2 file of version 1.6 (elite area?)? Do I have to import this as an indi or?

Thx for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco

Tick data is a way how to collect data tick by tick

It will not speed up anything - so it will not speed up renko charts either

mladen:
Marco

Tick data is a way how to collect data tick by tick

It will not speed up anything - so it will not speed up renko charts either

Hi Mladen,

Ok thx for the explanation and speak to you.

Regards Marco

Hi Mladen,

I have downloaded a few days ago this EA from the MQL forum. I did some backtesting and forward on demo. I tried to change some input figures for TP and SL. Although the standards or changing the input won't help working so my first conclusion, the TP and SL aren't working in this EA. Could you see what's the matter in this?

Thx for the help!

Regards Marco

smartasstrade_update2.mq4

Files:

Marco320:
Hi Mladen,

I have downloaded a few days ago this EA from the MQL forum. I did some backtesting and forward on demo. I tried to change some input figures for TP and SL. Although the standards or changing the input won't help working so my first conclusion, the TP and SL aren't working in this EA. Could you see what's the matter in this?

Thx for the help!

Regards Marco

smartasstrade_update2.mq4

Marco

It will need to be tested throriughly

There are some assumptions in the code (like the one that 5 digit broker must be an ECN like broker) and that prevents proper stop loss and take profit handling in that EA

mladen:
Marco

It will need to be tested throriughly

There are some assumptions in the code (like the one that 5 digit broker must be an ECN like broker) and that prevents proper stop loss and take profit handling in that EA

Hi MLaden,

Because I have not the skills to programm the way you can, is this what can be done by you? I think the basic idea of this EA is good to move forward.

Can you inform me what can be done?

Thx so far!!!

Regards, Marco

Reason: