Please fix this indicator or EA - page 117

hi mladen,

My broker just upgraded to MT4 build 625 then my EA showed warning messages when compiled.

"return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked"

and all line codes with word 'Order'.

Is this something to be ignored or the commands to be replaced?

Thanks.

tamaraofx:
hi mladen,

My broker just upgraded to MT4 build 625 then my EA showed warning messages when compiled.

"return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked"

and all line codes with word 'Order'.

Is this something to be ignored or the commands to be replaced?

Thanks.

tamaraofx

You can freely ignore those warnings

The code will continue to work the same way as before

BlackCoq:
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to create a GRID EA that works like this:

If it goes up 10 pips, BUY unless there is another buy already at that price level.

If it goes down 10 pips from previous buy, SELL unless there is already a sell at that level.

In other works, it should take no regard to timeframes, but purely moves (imagine renko).

I have attached the EA I've been working on, but it's not working properly. Would very much appreciate it if someone could take a quick look and see where I went wrong.

It's set up right now to 1)buy if ask > last order open price , 2) but not if there is a buy within 10 pip deviation from current price and 3) not if there is any another position within 10 pips deviation from current price (so that it wont buy first and then sell when it gets just below the just opened buy order.

Kind regards,

Axel

EA did not include all conditions. Revised one attached.

The EA does not open any positions in its current state and when it does (after removing LastOpenTrade2) it only does so when a new candle opens, which I don't want.

Any suggestions?

Axel

Files:
grid_1.mq4  11 kb

mladen:
fxnewbie

try it out now, but my recommendation is that you do not use that EA.

There are too many coding errors in it (just one example : here is a part of code from the EA - from the end of ordBuy() function

return(hb);

return(ox);

return(totfr);

second and third line can never be executed, and that is probably (because of coding constructions similar to that) a cause for some errors. There is quite a few cases like that, and I can not guarantee to you that it will work properly in all cases.

Now it is working in back-test, but I do not know how it will work on real account. If your brokers is an ECN type broker (does not allow setting stop loss and take profit along with order opening), then you should set the ECNBroker parameter to true. If it is not you can set it to false (but it will work even if the ECNBroker parameter is set to true.

Back tested it on a 1 minute GBPUSD chart default parameters. The last order (the loosing one) was closed due to test ending

Anyway, try it out

Thanks a lot, Malden. You are as good coder as you are person.

I will try demo and see what happens.

mladen:
To quote your first sentence from your post :

"Could you adjust next in this EA you already updated:"

What EA was I supposed to think of?

As of hedging : would you mind laying down the exact set of rules with and detail description how the hedging you are talking about is supposed to work and how should it be incorporated in the current way that EA works (that is an EA that closes automatically previous order when it finds an oposite signal)?

all the best

Hi MLaden,

Ok thx now I understand your answer but when I was writing you, I thought regarding the threat I wrote my question in, I was expecting that you saw the formal threat of this issue. No problem.

What I will do, I will make a lay out of the idea and will send you this later on tomorrow. (text, rules and examples of pictures). Read this matter and give your opinion if it reasonable to reach this goal and how to achieve if possible.

Anyway thx for so far!!!

Regards Marco

longi_siatka.mq4

shorty_siatka.mq4

Mladen or Mr. Tools, is the opportunity to do so after the reversal of the script on the chart, opened order positions in this place where I used them?

Settings:

Number of positions

the size of the position, and so on.

I would have typed in the editor MQL

You understand me ? I hope ;p

If so, you do for me something amazing!

Files:

matmar:
longi_siatka.mq4

shorty_siatka.mq4

Mladen or Mr. Tools, is the opportunity to do so after the reversal of the script on the chart, opened order positions in this place where I used them?

Settings:

Number of positions

the size of the position, and so on.

I would have typed in the editor MQL

You understand me ? I hope ;p

If so, you do for me something amazing!

matmar

I am afraid I do not understand your post

Would you mind trying to explain?

mladen:
matmar

I am afraid I do not understand your post

Would you mind trying to explain?

The script works just like the picture to open the pending positions, type a price.

But, Is it possible to do so, in order to open these items in this place where I throw the script? (without confirmation)

I hope you understand me. My English is at the level of a small child

Files:
script.png  124 kb

Hello all,

With the changes in build 600 to how history data is dealt with, this "parallel renko" EA doesn't work anymore.

I would be very grateful if someone were to fix the attached EA so it works on newer versions on MT4.

All the best,

Axel

BlackCoq:
Hello all,

With the changes in build 600 to how history data is dealt with, this "parallel renko" EA doesn't work anymore.

I would be very grateful if someone were to fix the attached EA so it works on newer versions on MT4.

All the best,

Axel

Bump!

Reason: