Please fix this indicator or EA - page 115

Marco320:
Hi MLaden,

Because I have not the skills to programm the way you can, is this what can be done by you? I think the basic idea of this EA is good to move forward.

Can you inform me what can be done?

Thx so far!!!

Regards, Marco

Marco

A question : as far as I saw, on a quick back test, it opened one order and did nothing else. Why would you like to fix the EA that in cases like that, does not trade at all (opening one order and not being to close it could be qualified as "no trading")?

mladen:
Marco A question : as far as I saw, on a quick back test, it opened one order and did nothing else. Why would you like to fix the EA that in cases like that, does not trade at all (opening one order and not being to close it could be qualified as "no trading")?

Hi MLaden,

Strange, I have an other result. Attached my backtest. Although the period is longer indeed it stopped trading on a certain/date. I don't know why but it looks like a sort of martingale at the end. It cannot close orders automatically by Tp or SL. Because of this result I informed you about this ea.

Take a look and it would be fine to know from you if it will have any sense to go on with this EA.

What I do like in this ea is the type of MA's integrated with the osma. Or do you have one were I'm be able to set this input likewise?

Thx so far for the help.

Regards Marco

strategytester.htm

Files:

Marco320:
Hi MLaden,

Strange, I have an other result. Attached my backtest. Although the period is longer indeed it stopped trading on a certain/date. I don't know why but it looks like a sort of martingale at the end. It cannot close orders automatically by Tp or SL. Because of this result I informed you about this ea.

Take a look and it would be fine to know from you if it will have any sense to go on with this EA.

What I do like in this ea is the type of MA's integrated with the osma. Or do you have one were I'm be able to set this input likewise?

Thx so far for the help.

Regards Marco

strategytester.htm

Marco, whatever I tried (using builds 617,618 and 620 from a couple of hours ago) all I got is one opened order and it never gets closed till the back-test ends. Maybe builds problems, maybe code problem, I really have no idea (with these new builds you never know if the problem is in the code or in metatrader - useless to try to find out since the started to throw out new builds almost ever day again - no way to test some stuff in a normal manner)

Hello

You can fix this renko indicator ? i can't open new order positions on renko chart.

Thanks

renkomeanlivechart_v1.0_new_format.mq4

mladen:
Marco, whatever I tried (using builds 617,618 and 620 from a couple of hours ago) all I got is one opened order and it never gets closed till the back-test ends. Maybe builds problems, maybe code problem, I really have no idea (with these new builds you never know if the problem is in the code or in metatrader - useless to try to find out since the started to throw out new builds almost ever day again - no way to test some stuff in a normal manner)

Hello MLaden,

Ok no problem. Keep in mind maybe something for later on. I will come back too you tomorrow afternoon for a question. See you and thx for the help and the info!

Regards Marco

Hello MLaden,

Could you do me a favour and help with next EA:

adjustable_ma.mq4

It has to transform the buy and sell orders, so the indi which the ea is working with will confirm itwants to place a buy order, it must place a sell order and when it will place a sell order it must be a buy order.

Enclosed test results which shows it has double more loses then wins. So changing the rule should give the results.

Hope to hear from you.

Thx for the help Marco

strategytester_1_with_trailing_0.htm

Marco320:
Hello MLaden,

Could you do me a favour and help with next EA:

adjustable_ma.mq4

It has to transform the buy and sell orders, so the indi which the ea is working with will confirm itwants to place a buy order, it must place a sell order and when it will place a sell order it must be a buy order.

Enclosed test results which shows it has double more loses then wins. So changing the rule should give the results.

Hope to hear from you.

Thx for the help Marco

strategytester_1_with_trailing_0.htm

Added one option : Invert

If you set it to false, it will work as before. If you set it to true, it will invert signals (as you asked for). But do not expect wonders from inversion. If it was that easy to turn a losing EA to a wining one, we all would be billionaires

adjustable_ma_1.01.mq4

PS: disregard the eventual warning messages (if yo are using build 620 or 625). Those are benign warning messages

Files:

mladen:
Added one option : Invert

If you set it to false, it will work as before. If you set it to true, it will invert signals (as you asked for). But do not expect wonders from inversion. If it was that easy to turn a losing EA to a wining one, we all would be billionaires

adjustable_ma_1.01.mq4

PS: disregard the eventual warning messages (if yo are using build 620 or 625). Those are benign warning messages

Hi MLaden,

Ok thx. Indeed for the moment it won't help, but could you change the values of the MA input in this EA and also make it work on TF M1.

MA values could be the same as input, but different in their adjustment. Could you adjust the values which can be used out of the standard MA indi. So I can change next values for 2 MA's in the EA:

Period

Shift

Method

Adjust to: simple, open etc

When it is possible I will test it and give you the results.

Thx a lot for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco320:
Hi MLaden,

Ok thx. Indeed for the moment it won't help, but could you change the values of the MA input in this EA and also make it work on TF M1.

MA values could be the same as input, but different in their adjustment. Could you adjust the values which can be used out of the standard MA indi. So I can change next values for 2 MA's in the EA:

Period

Shift

Method

Adjust to: simple, open etc

When it is possible I will test it and give you the results.

Thx a lot for the help.

Regards Marco

Marco

You already have parameters to change all those values (Period_1 and Period_2, for ma lengths, Ma_Method for average type) Using shift in indicators when used in EAs as a signal is not a good idea. Added a price parameter for the moving averages and now you can have differen types of averages for both averages (not recomended to use different types of averages for crosses, but if you wish to experiment, try different combinations).

Also, to make it work on 1 minute time frame simply attach it to a 1 minute chart

Files:

mladen:
Marco

You already have parameters to change all those values (Period_1 and Period_2, for ma lengths, Ma_Method for average type) Using shift in indicators when used in EAs as a signal is not a good idea. Added a price parameter for the moving averages and now you can have differen types of averages for both averages (not recomended to use different types of averages for crosses, but if you wish to experiment, try different combinations).

Also, to make it work on 1 minute time frame simply attach it to a 1 minute chart

Hello MLaden,

Thx a lot for the help. Well I will give it a try and see what happens and indeed there will be some issues to think about but first see if we can be equal in the market during a certain period and then a filter. I will inform you.

Thx so far!!!!

Regards Marco

Reason: