Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 67

3º error

Good afternoon mrtools:

As you can see in the picture accompanying it with the default setting me I also performed the same input at the same time, but as has already happened three times with EntryType = 3, launched many orders that closed almost immediately.

Now is working with the changes you recommended me, has not yet released any operation since the change the setting.

A big hug mrtools.

Hermo.

Files:

Same thing happened with entry type 1 on USDCHF. Happened first on a GFT account, then followed by an ICM account about 1 hour later. I have EURCHF on trade, but only as a Type 1 and 2. Both were trading live with no errors.

Despite the errors, the long running USDCHF trade was profitable enough that no real damage was done.

Guys,

Test this version. This one should prevent cases like that to happen (it will not allow multiple orders to open and close on a same bar)

Files:

Many thanks mladen.

Hello all, I had 2 questions about 1.18 if someone could help

1.)The EcnBroker setting; does this apply SL and TP differently; or perhaps something to do with a 5th decimal place?

2.)I notice while forward testing type 2 entry's only that a single position is opened, do more compound in later to make 4 times your lot value? (my impression here was an entry had 4 positions opened right then with differing tp and sl's)

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

perfectgrim:
Hello all, I had 2 questions about 1.18 if someone could help

1.)The EcnBroker setting; does this apply SL and TP differently; or perhaps something to do with a 5th decimal place?

2.)I notice while forward testing type 2 entry's only that a single position is opened, do more compound in later to make 4 times your lot value? (my impression here was an entry had 4 positions opened right then with differing tp and sl's)

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

perfectgrim

1) with ECN/STP type brokers you can not place a stop loss and a take profit in a moment when the order is opened. Hence, for such brokers, first and order with 0 stop loss and take profit is placed and then, when the order is opened, the stop loss and take profit are modified (otherwise the order could not be opened on such brokers at all in cases whe you want stop loss and take profit set)

2) I am afraid that I do not understand that part of the question : how orders are going to be opened does not depend on entry type. Entry type determines what type of indicators is going to be used to find out if it is a right moment (signal) for entry or not, and entry type is absolute strength type (when absolute strength for EA is checked). The size of the order does not depend on the type

mladen- Thanks for such a speedy reply

I have solved question 2 for myself, I am now at a crossroad.

After running many many sim tests (live action backtest via a simulator) I have another question if I may.

What are the flaws that people have experienced? (this question is for 1.18 and not to address bugs in code but rather... why are hedge funds running the heck out of this algorithm)

Any and every problem encountered would be great. (im trying not to get excited but this EA screams to be attached to a decent sized account from everything I have been able to gather thus far)

Can you fix the code to work in new metatrader ?

I´m looking for version 1.17 / 1.18

Thanks =)

randomz0r:
Can you fix the code to work in new metatrader ?

I´m looking for version 1.17 / 1.18

Thanks =)

randomz0r

Here is this version. AbsoluteStrengthForEA indicator does not need to be changed. Tried it in back test and in forward demo trading as well and it seems to be working OK (although I had to compile it twice - the first time for some reason it refused to load it, after I recompiled the same source without any change it started to work)

Files:

Here is the version 1.17 made this new metatrader 4 compatible too

Also, also if someone notices that some code is causing compile time errors when used in new metatrader 4, please report it so that we can make the necessary code adjustments in order to make the code compatible with the new metatrader 4 (unfortunately, due to the fact that the new metatrader 4 is not 100% compatible code wise with the old one, it will be necessary to do that in cases when those code problems happen)

Files:
Reason: