ValeoFX's Trading Method... - page 4

ValeoFX:
I am sorry for the delay in discussing the M5 TF, but sadly my Mother passed away and I am not in the correct frame of mind at the moment.

Thank you for the good wishes already posted here in spite of the fact that you did not know the real story.

May you all be blessed and I look forward to seeing you guys again next week.

Best wishes.

I'm sorry Valeo.

Please accept all my condolences.

ValeoFX:
I am sorry for the delay in discussing the M5 TF, but sadly my Mother passed away and I am not in the correct frame of mind at the moment.

Thank you for the good wishes already posted here in spite of the fact that you did not know the real story.

Best wishes.

Sorry, Valeo. Please accept my condolences too.Take all the time you need, buddy.

ValeoFX:

Best wishes.

My sympathy goes to you and to your loved ones my friend.

May all of you live a long and happy life and always remember her.

PC CPU Usage

As I have added charts and indicators I noticed in the Windows Task Manager that my CPU Usage was steadly increasing and was actually maxing out at 100% much more frequently. Remembering that MetaTrader generally recalculates every chart and indicator with each new incoming tick, I checked Tools / Options / Charts and found that my Max bars in chart was set to 100,000 bars! Now that is approximately 347-days of M5 bars and I certainly don't need to see all that data and my CPU certainly doesn't need to be crunching all those unnecessary numbers. I changed the input to 5,000 bars which is approximately 17-days and the Task Manager now shows my CPU seldom pegs at 100%. Some indicators allow us to specify how many bars to use for calculation but then many don't and they will go back to the beginning of the data you have loaded. I have also noticed that when I use the cross-hair pointer rather than the arrow pointer the CPU Usage increases significantly. I hope you find this information useful.

Good Trading,

Joe SDF

Thanks

Thanks Joe for that info, I went and checked mine and it was set at 512,000 and 625,000. I have traded for 2 years and didn't know that, so it is very helpful. Thank you.

I call to coders :

Can you show the history of this indicator please :

Files:

Another tip guys :

Once a month, i delete entirely the content of the history folder. To have fresh data and less data

That give a super boost to all meta cluttered with tons of indis

But take care, don't delete the folders, but the content.

template

suk1000k:
Summary pics. A brief history of XO Method from a disciple of ValeoFX.

1) XO method began as 4 timeframe XO method

2) XO dropped in favor of RSI combinations

3) Latest method incorporates evolved oscillators and indicators

could u share ur template for the last picture please?

I am back at my desk...

Hi guys, I am back at my desk and I thank you all for your messages with the passing of my Mom. Be blessed.

I will post the M5 set-up on Saturday, but as I mentioned, it will take the form of a "lesson" and finally the Template I use these days.

In the meantime, be successful and focus on what you are doing right! Stop doubting yourself.

Best wishes.

Valeo

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Reason: