_rdb_The Best Free EA - page 111

yesterday ,i was demo testing at 2 differents brokers,

act fxpro ,got 4 losses and 6 wins ,setting open time at 20 ,

at instaforex time set at 22 5 ,i got 3 wins withe 1 small lose

i'm talking of 1a version

the spread was better at act fxpro but the outcome was worse ,why the discrepencies in the behavior

duplicated post

freemenn:
i think they are on cyprus. Give a look on forexpeacearmy bye

I knew; but they are registered and have accounts in Switzerland. Cyprus are choosing many new brokers cause of low taxes and not so hard banking rules; as long I knew, many russian billioneers have accounts in Cyprus

duplicated post

4x4all:
So far for one week the results are great but the spread are horrendous!!! I saw 15 pips last night! I have my 'max spread' set to 5 so I don't get allot of trades but the ones that I get are productive. I will not trade this brkr live using this EA. This EA has been more impressive than FAPTurbo and should be getting much more praise of success than FAP. FAP is so restricted with the forced updates and hassel of operating. When I find the right brkr I'll trade this EA live but I'll need the MQL for better flexability. I've been running a few brkrs platforms side by side during the EA trading hours and I'm not seeing anything impressive. We gotta get a broker that will guarantee 3pip spread during these hours but I don't think it will happen. I hate to use a brkr outside the USA. I like to be able to go bust the front door down of the brkr if they go bust and try to freeze my funds!

spread is one part, but be careful where you open the account and deposit your $$$. some brokerages won't let you withdraw or erase your profit. be careful of offshore companies. I've recently compiled list of like 60 active MT4 brokers. I've eliminated the ones with larger spreads and the one that don't allow scalping, those that I've read bad reviews about, those that are not properly regulated and I must say that given criteria there is not like 1 brokerage that would fully meet my needs. I was looking at ActivTrades - Trading on Futures, Forex, CFDs with Metatrader They're UK based and FSA regulated (strong requirements), they've good leverage, not that bad reviews and 3 pip spread on EURGBP and allow scalping. They do other markets what proves they have experience in trading in genaral and not only FX. Now I don't have any practical experience with them so it would be nice if someone would post some impressions here.

dagolard:
I knew; but they are registered and have accounts in Switzerland. Cyprus are choosing many new brokers cause of low taxes and not so hard banking rules; as long I knew, many russian billioneers have accounts in Cyprus

would you take a chance with them

i just opened a demo,sread is 3 ,will see if it stays fixed , i put 22 ,6 as the time setting ,same as fx open ,(egypt)

With Activtrades I have not so good experiences... they kicked me because of scalping.

Don' t loose time with ActiveTrades

Up to mine real experience after 3 days of profit trading they call me and stop

my trading.

They force to move my account on no fixed spread platform with minimum lot of 0.1.

I have closed my account immediately.

Regards

fxhst329:
spread is one part, but be careful where you open the account and deposit your $$$. some brokerages won't let you withdraw or erase your profit. be careful of offshore companies. I've recently compiled list of like 60 active MT4 brokers. I've eliminated the ones with larger spreads and the one that don't allow scalping, those that I've read bad reviews about, those that are not properly regulated and I must say that given criteria there is not like 1 brokerage that would fully meet my needs. I was looking at ActivTrades - Trading on Futures, Forex, CFDs with Metatrader They're UK based and FSA regulated (strong requirements), they've good leverage, not that bad reviews and 3 pip spread on EURGBP and allow scalping. They do other markets what proves they have experience in trading in genaral and not only FX. Now I don't have any practical experience with them so it would be nice if someone would post some impressions here.

Help With Backtest Issue

Thanks RDB fir youe wonderful work . Two things :

1] Is it possible to get a full description index for all the settings in the EA

[Am using] v1e , and what the drop down choices mean ie "false/true" etc

2] I have done a backtest for the year 2007 and 2 years 2007-2008 and during that time get a couple of big drawdowns due to what I see is the EA holding the position overnight to the next Asian session . Is there not a setting to exit all trades at the closing of the window period .This is a really important issue or am i missing something here . Will try to upload equity curve for trades about no 160

Files:

does anyome try to set spread a 6 ?

Unfortunatelly my broker has 6 pips spread on this currency (on live account) and the EA does not trade.

Just curiouse of the 6 spread will work to?

thanks

Reason: