E&A Standard Trading System - page 40

Hello nirvaman..i tested ur method but i had problem with stoploss and tp levels plz help me

nirvaman:
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

dont tell anyone. lol

Yes, you are right. your logic is correct. why not to trigger the order in the same moment the alert is triggered. is not that simple but the main idea is correct.

to tell you the truth, there is a problem when coding MTF indicators when constructing an EA. seems that drew dealed with that kind of problem too in the past. is something about the buffer. the error occurs when you attach thos EA to the charts . I will try again to code it this weekend. May be I can resolve that problem.

thoughts.....

nirvaman:
to tell you the truth, there is a problem when coding MTF indicators when constructing an EA. seems that drew dealed with that kind of problem too in the past. is something about the buffer. the error occurs when you attach thos EA to the charts . I will try again to code it this weekend. May be I can resolve that problem.

im not looking for mtf. i love 5min i have been playing with the code that was posted earlier....

ExtMapBuffer1 = EMPTY_VALUE;

ExtMapBuffer2 = EMPTY_VALUE;

to no avail...but my thoughts on the value i took from apa.mod...something simple like....

val1 = ExtMapBuffer1[0];

val2 = ExtMapBuffer2[0];

if (val1 > val2) Comment(" buy ",val1);

if (val1 < val2) Comment(" sell ",val2);

the only issue i have with this line of code is that it post the comment where my forextsd calendar posts and overwrites it.

but as i have said many times...i can think of the idea...just not make it work in code.

~michael

superzeeshan:
Hello nirvaman..i tested ur method but i had problem with stoploss and tp levels plz help me

40 target

30 stoploss

or

30 target

40 stoploss

you have to test it.

as i said earlier I dont like that kind of hard target and hard stoploss, but they are working

Thats the next step I will work on . a variable target and a variable stoploss.

answer

superzeeshan:
hello nirvaman..i tested ur method but i had problem with stoploss and tp levels plz help me

40 tg

30 sl

feedback

Hello guys, (You all rock)

I personally think the previous version of SilverTrend is better than VladVG suggested. The one that VladVG posted has generated too many false signals for me. Signals occured too late when I supposed to get in ealier so I end up with buy at top, sell at bottom. The previous version does a better job although it's repainting but it gives early signal. I decided to switch back to previous version so that I won't get funny results anymore. The only change I made was:-

SsMax = High[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,SSP,i-SSP+1)]; SsMin = Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,SSP,i-SSP+1)];

I guess the indicator is too 'old' as it uses obsolete function

In further development of MQL4, some functions were renamed and moved from one group to another in order to systematize them better. The old function names are not highlighted or linked to the MetaEditor Dictionary. The old function names can be used since the compiler will accept them in a proper way. However, we strongly recommend to use the new names.

Old Name New Name

Highest.....iHighest

Lowest......iLowest

Well, just my opnion. You guys can choose which version that ya'all comfortable with.

Silvertrend

Where can I get the original silvertrend indicator? I looked all thru this post and could not find the one from before V posted his version.

Thanks!!

Brian

Hey V-X

I am having a problem with my computer.. would you mind posting the ex4 files as well so I can download them directly.

Thanks!

Brian

As you wish

golden1:
I am having a problem with my computer.. would you mind posting the ex4 files as well so I can download them directly.

Thanks!

Brian

No problem.

Thanks

Thanks V-X..appreciate it!

Brian

nirvaman...pm me

here is a thought.

Files:
chart_10.gif  45 kb
chart1_2.gif  39 kb
Reason: