E&A Standard Trading System - page 27

the dark side of the beast

ok. as I am a fan of the system, I like to see the bad things about it too, so we can work on them. so I will discuss the bad things of the system.

the famous repainting.

I am not sure what people mean by "repainting" but I think that they refer to the situation when the blue or red arrow moves like a animated .gif image in the bar until the bar is totally formed. so you cant not enter in that bar because the final position of the blue or red arrows are not known until the bar has filnally formed. so lets give a tragic example. look at he image "trouble.jpg". here you get the alert when the bar opens, but you can noty

Files:
trouble.jpg  159 kb

the dark side of the beast

ok. as I am a fan of the system, I like to see the bad things about it too, so we can work on them. so I will discuss the bad things of the system.

the famous repainting.

I am not sure what people mean by "repainting" but I think that they refer to the situation when the blue or red arrow moves like a animated .gif image in the bar until the bar is totally formed. so you cant not enter in that bar because the final position of the blue or red arrows are not known until the bar has filnally formed. so lets give a tragic example. look at he image "trouble.jpg". here you get the alert when the bar opens, but you can not enter there because the bar is not totally formed, so you dont know the final position of the signal.

Files:
trouble.jpg  159 kb

here goes another tragic example

this is the problem when you use a high timeframe. bars can be very large.

I will check some of the ideas that DREW gave me, and may be go back to a lower time frame.

this examples that I am showing you guys were easy to find. that means that it is easy to happen.

I will look for a variable stoploss and a variable target , but no subjective to my criteria. in all this trades I showed, you can make money too if you get out early. the problem is to create a good way to get out before the good trade becomes a bad trade. here we will need a little money managment. may be move the stoploss when you have won 20 pips already. I will try that. i will use the philosofy of "never make a good trade become a bad one". I will breake even if I can.

Files:
trouble2.jpg  271 kb

my toughts about forex

this is sooo hard in forex to find a system in which you find a stoploss little than the target, and where the winin ratio greater than 50%. is incredible. is almost like it is not possible. seems like some kind physics or something.

the systems that show a picture like next one always use a kind of dangerous martingale strategy, or a stoploss of 1000 pips . No one develops a system that uses a variable stoploss and a variable target, where stoploss is less than the target, and the winning ratio of the trades is larger than 50 or 60%.

thats my dream.

the problem is that people develops systems based in the trend of based in the range of supports or resistances, and the evil god of forex act like a naughty little boy that when your system is working fine in trending, he starts to chopppy it, and when you start to do it fine in choppy he starts to make it trend. you lose lots of money while trying to identify the new behavior.

sorry for this commnents. trying to take it out of me.

I hate that you erase 10 succesfull trades with 2 bad trades.

I still like DRWES system.

Files:

ok guys

the last tip. only use this system with low spread pairs.

EUR/USD

GBP/USD

USD/JPY

EUR/JPY

The rest of the pairs are crap.

I will not post anymore until I see someone is reading this

nirvaman,

Good work, I only work with low pip spread pairs as well. I noticed in your chart that you are working on M1. Why is that?

-DREWP

DREWP:
nirvaman,

Good work, I only work with low pip spread pairs as well. I noticed in your chart that you are working on M1. Why is that?

-DREWP

Hi drew.

M1????? where ????? where?????

aaaaa. you mean in the backtest of metatrader I posted. nooooo thats not your system. thast another EA, thats explains martingale. thats a bad dangerous EA.

Nirvaman, in your picture showing the false signal, I wouldn't have made that trade. Here's why, it was very close to the Pivot. Its very tough trading any system like this near Pivots and Support and Resistance lines.

nirvaman,

Sorry , I missunderstood. Here is a chart of what I am working with.

-DREWP

Files:
asdf.gif  27 kb

Trading Forex is liking playing music, rhythm and speed are alway changing.You are playing rock beat, the music is quickly changing to rap. You try to catch it, it changes to waltz. You set a rule, but the rule does not work well.

Setting stop lose and target (50/30 pips) and 0.25 line are good this week, but what's going on next week. We may always changes our plan, but who knows the speed of the next song?

anyway, I like this system! . Hopefully, we can mke it better and better.

Reason: