E&A Standard Trading System - page 14

designmax,

Sorry so long for the reply. I have been busy working the bugs out of the EA I am coding for this system.

The rules for this system are simple. When you get a red arrow, sell. When the M15 APA blue line crosses over the red, or when your TP has been reached, exit.

I have posted the indicators below.

-DREWP

EDIT: Check post #133 for the latest version.

Files:

Works great Drew, Thanks!

Thanks Again

DREWP,

Once again I want to say thank you for all your hard work on this and all the people your helping with your work, Thank you.

Strange.......again I came home and checked my computer and no new signals on my 15m e/j chart. Changed the timeframe and back again to 15min and low and behold there was one of those circled signals. This kinda bumms me out because those circled signals really seem to be profitable.

Drew, interesting thing just happened. Had a buy signal on EUR\USD. Alert came up just like it should. Placed the buy, of course market reversed and I hit my stoploss. Closed MT4, re-opened it, that buy signal was gone, there was a sell signal in its place.

Hello Everyone,

Make sure to turn your hibernate off or sleep mode depending on the version of widows you have. Also turn off any power management.

If you have a signal and the APA is at the bottom of its run, ie the APA opened up x bars ago and the APA is waning, stay out. I probably should have mentioned this, sorry.

The stoploss should be when the APA crosses against you. I don't have any stoploss set and I only rely on the APA cross.

The thing with indicators that don't repaint is they change with the market. That is the nature of the beast.

The one thing to remember is that not all trades will go in your favor and you will take hits, I had to learn this the hard way .

Everyone, please keep giving me your input so I can continue to improve upon this system.

-DREWP

Well I changed my APA to M30 to go with my 15M chart and it did place a sell signal just about 15min on e/j. Trade is up about 35 pips so far. I'll keep an eye on it to see if i get anymore missed signals. I know just using the cross of the APA gives you huge pips with minimal losses compared to the wins. Only problem is i'm not sure if the APA repaints or not. I have noticed that if the blue line is flat for several bars, that entire line can move up or down with a quick move in the price. That can cause the line to jump from one side of the red to the other. Then if you scroll back and look at the crosses, it's nearly impossible to determine what it looked like live. Just have to eliminate those flat spots I guess.

Yeah, I think the best trades are going to come when the APA lines are farther apart. When they're almost touching or very close, any sudden moves can swing either line up or down and change the signal. I think I'll only take the signals where the blue and red line are spread out a little more.

piptaker,

I'm not sure if the APA repaints or not. If someone more advanced at programing than I am could look at the code to determine this that would be great. I am currently in the same trade and I am up so far as well.

This system has evloved from a scalping system to more of a low to mid term trading system. On an M15 chart you might stay in a trade from 1 hour to 6 or so. That is why I have commissoned an EA for this system. I should know more by the end of the week.

-DREWP

Drew, are you trading this on 15 min now or still M5 -- or do you mean you're staying in based on the APA on the 15?

DREWP:
piptaker,

I'm not sure if the APA repaints or not. If someone more advanced at programing than I am could look at the code to determine this that would be great. I am currently in the same trade and I am up so far as well.

This system has evloved from a scalping system to more of a low to mid term trading system. On an M15 chart you might stay in a trade from 1 hour to 6 or so. That is why I have commissoned an EA for this system. I should know more by the end of the week.

-DREWP
Reason: