Need help indentifying indicator - page 60

elliot wave is crap. too unreliable.

MP -- these waves can sink your ship

unusual for me to be in full agreement with someone but hey, what can I say ?

the most honest of the elliot wave adherents will admit to its highly subjective nature or "more art than science" prophesies --- it always looks interesting, but then so is the trading theory built on astrology. After all, who would not love to hear that a fortune will be made when Pisces is in the House of Uranus ?

on top of the whole matter lies the fact that, at best, its a very long range trade and with the forex market and its everloved constant reversals, just how much drawdown can you take while WAITING for your ship to come in, assuming the ship has radar and knows the correct way !

The forex market is built on simple support and resistance (ok, maybe "simple" is too simple a word, but it aint brain surgery) that WE can observe and follow along on the banks coattails --- if it werent true, then no one would be making money and there a whole bunch of traders out there doing just that.

I constantly state that ANYONE can trade forex well enough to earn a living, with some in the top 15% and some in the bottom, but MOST right there in the middle, just like life !

Its not brain surgery, rocket science or even marlin fishing --- its simply learning, understanding and placing into practice those observations while always watching trend and time of day reversals --- to me, at this point, its almost boring (well, there are THOSE runs that get your blood moving, after all and every now and again the pros will alter the scheme of things to make you re-think for a bit) but there is no other way I know of making the bucks one can produce versus the amount of labor involved, aside from hacking billionaires offshore bank accounts or having others grow poppy plants for you !

The bottom line is that forex is a TRADING VEHICLE, and ALL trading vehicles available in the financial market work pretty much the same way, which is why 2 years ago so many traders made the crossover from stocks to the derivatives, futures and commodities and essentially never missed a beat when they switched.

But first you have to learn to trade, be it the mini's, gold, forex or pork bellies and contrary to what brokers might tell you in their advertisements, NO ONE DOES IT RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE, including me, but if you sit down, learn and study and PRACTICE like crazy, in a shorter time than you can believe you will be making money, and thats just the beginning (assuming the government doesnt outlaw us making money)

enjoy and trade well

mp

olivervdm:
hi,

can someone make this ea only open a trade after the close off the current bar and on the open of the next. Right now it open instantly on the signal anywhere in the bar and i dont want this, it would be greatly aprreciated since ive been messing with it all day but i cant figure it out.

thanks

Oliver,

Try this version, but i haven't tested though in live market .. should be fine i think

-guyver

Files:
5min-momo.ex4  12 kb

Guyver:
Oliver,

Try this version, but i haven't tested though in live market .. should be fine i think

-guyver

ill try it, thanks a lot, very much appreciate it.

need help

Have anybody this indicator

Files:
demoeujpg.jpg  139 kb

STOP LOSS AND TAKE PROFIT lines on Chart

I was wondering if there's any indicator out there that will show you the stop loss and take profit lines on the chart, when I set up stop loss and take profit price where I can modify the "order box".

I want to move those lines up and down on my chart to match the prices? Like when i buys one pair of EUR/USD and I can move my take profit line anywhere above the brought price and move the stop loss line anywhere below instead.

When its almost passing the take profit line, then if I think its still going up and I can move the take profit line up farther to capture more pips.

Like Alert line, to close the trade when the price is matched on the chart, something like that.

Other thing is,

I can set stop loss and take profit lines on the chart without having it set up the "order box" in meta-trader?

Let me know, thanks!

-Smit

Thicker Bars

It should be a very very simple add-on indicator but still can't find from the internet.

What I really want is to make the normal bar in move visable manner when we zoom out from MT4. What I think, it simply an overlay bar (with thicker bar body and of course 2 thicker open and close horizontal lines too).

Anybody already have this or anyone else can make it to benefit the community?

Tks in advance to all.

City

Files:

High Close, Mid Close, Low Close Bar Indicator

I am looking for an indicator that I believe was called RangeBars.mq4 created by igorad (I think).

The indicator painted the candle/bar according to whether the close was within the top/bottom 1/3 of the range for that bar. (The exact ratio was selectable I think).

Could someone point me in the right direction please? I have tried searching both on the forums and google but so far have come up empty handed.

RibbonTrader - MT4

Hi,

Does anyone have RibbonTrader - MT4?

Regards

Reason: