E&A Standard Trading System - page 7

Non-repainting Forex Freedom Bar

Felt u might need the non-repainting version of the forex freedom bars...

Files:

osaze,

I appreciate that. I don't use the FF bars as an entry or exit signal. Its more of a "security blaket" . As are most of the other indicators except the ADXcrosses, SSL bars, and the AlaskanPipAssassin (modified Silver Trend).

-DREWP

Drew, you posted alaskin pip assasin, but the template contains the mtf version of it, so I can't get your settings for it.

robp,

Oh, sorry about that . When I get home I will post the corrected version.

-DREWP

This is GREAT! Thanks so much.

Thanks for sharing your system. I am following your regular entry rules and using a standard CCI at 14 on GBD/USD and thanking the Lord for your generosity.

Oh

BTW, Im just over in Morristown, maybe I could by ya a coke sometime.

Here is the MTF version of AlaskanPipAssassin. You must to have the original PipAssassin for the MTF version to work. Use this with the above posted template. Its on the default settings.

Also, I am experimenting with checking my entry points against both the M5 APA and the M15 APA.

BlueWhale,

Thanks for your kind words. I am currently in Mary Esther, FL, but I will be moving back soon. Then I might have to take you up on your offer and we can talk shop. Perhaps I can get some of your thoughts on my system?

Thanks,

-DREWP

I'm trying to develop an indicator based on the following rules:

If a M5 ADXcrosses arrow up and/or a M15 ADXcrosses arrow up is indicated and the blue is above the red on the M5 AlaskanPipAssassin and the blue is above the red on the M15 AlaskanPipAssassin.

Print an up Arrow.

If a M5 ADXcrosses arrow down and/or a M15 ADXcrosses arrow down is indicated and the red is above the blue on the M5 AlaskanPipAssassin and the red is above the blue on the M15 AlaskanPipAssassin.

Print a down Arrow.

I am also looking to add message alerts. I think I'm going down the right path, but if someone could point me in the right direction to fix this indicator, documentation etc, that would be great.

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 2

#property indicator_color1 Blue

#property indicator_color2 Red

double ExtMapBuffer1[];

double ExtMapBuffer2[];

int init()

{

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, 0, 1);

SetIndexArrow(0, 233);

SetIndexBuffer(0, ExtMapBuffer1);

SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_ARROW, 0, 1);

SetIndexArrow(1, 234);

SetIndexBuffer(1, ExtMapBuffer2);

return(0);

}

int start()

{

int limit;

int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();

if(counted_bars < 0)

return(-1);

if(counted_bars > 0)

counted_bars--;

limit = Bars - counted_bars;

// I'm fairly certain a "for" statment goes here, but I don't know how to apply it

double alaskanpipassassin_M5_Blue = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M5,"AlaskanPipAssassinMod", 0);

double alaskanpipassassin_M5_Red = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M5,"AlaskanPipAssassinMod", 1);

double alaskanpipassassin_M15_Blue = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"AlaskanPipAssassinMod", 0);

double alaskanpipassassin_M15_Red = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"AlaskanPipAssassinMod", 1);

double ADXcrossesBlue_M5 = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M5,"ADXcrossesMod", 0);

double ADXcrossesRed_M5 = iCustom(Null,PERIOD_M5,"ADXcrossesMod", 1);

double ADXcrossesBlue_M15 = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ADXcrossesMod", 0);

double ADXcrossesRed_M15 = iCustom(Null,PERIOD_M15,"ADXcrossesMod", 1);

if ((ADXcrossesBlue_M5 ^= ADXcrossesBlue_M15) && (alaskanpipassassin_M5_Blue > alaskanpipassassin_M5_Red) && (alaskanpipassassin_M15_Blue > alaskanpipassassin_M15_Red))

ExtMapBuffer1;

if ((ADXcrossesRed_M5 ^= ADXcrossesRed_M15) && (alaskanpipassassin_M5_Blue < alaskanpipassassin_M5_Red) && (alaskanpipassassin_M15_Blue < alaskanpipassassin_M15_Red))

ExtMapBuffer2;

return(0);

}

-DREWP

Let me see if I follow correctly. Going by the rules for the indicator that you are working with, the valid signals would look like the ones in this pic? Is that correct?

Files:
1234.gif  32 kb

MACDiesel,

That is correct. The objective is to get into the market as soon as the ADXcrosses, M5 and M15 AlaskanPipAssassin agree. You exit the market when the M15 APA crosses against your trade or your Take profit has been reached.

-DREWP