Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 34

Here it is

Hi Matrixebiz,

Here it is.

waltini:
Hi Matrixebiz, Here it is.

Thank you.

Do you know what this error is in the Journal Tab between order openings?;

2008.09.08 07:13:26 2008.08.26 14:30 Outside the Square Buy & Sell EURCADm,M15: zero divide

Also, how do I tell what currency pairs are in their active, most volatile time of day? No point in trading certain currencies during their flat non-market times.

I'd like to add a time of day trading option to the EA so I can select what time of day to trade specific currencies.

Thanks

So I guess my proposed tests in the previous post were covering all that is needed for now?

I edited them...so please review and if no one else has any requests, I will be starting those four soon...

The exisiting test had a 15% DD and I increased the step to 20 in two of the four tests. ...

ES

Mathematical Error

matrixebiz:
Thank you.

Do you know what this error is in the Journal Tab between order openings?;

2008.09.08 07:13:26 2008.08.26 14:30 Outside the Square Buy & Sell EURCADm,M15: zero divide

I believe this means there is a mathematical error in my code and a bit of quick of fault finding shows it is in the pretty lines which signify the profit levels. This shouldn't affect the trading. I haven't worked out exactly where the problem lies yet.

for those of you that have not logged into the current test....I suppose I better report some results...

Up 6% in 5 days with a max of 15% DD.

This 2k account now is $2,138.20.

So the widening of the steps has taken the DD down from 60% to 15%....a step of 20 in the "EUR/USD, USD/CHF combo" or the progressivley widening step that waltini wrote should be even safer (I was at a loss of words..."safer" is a controversial word used in grid...martingale and such)....

ES

waltini,

I suppose this checked out ok? I am nearing the time to start the new thread and begin the tests...(making screen real estate for 4 platforms...)

ES

waltini:
Hi ElectricSavant,

I am sure I have cautioned before that I am a cut and paster with just enough knowledge of coding to be dangerous.

A quick check of the stepinc mod on the backtester appeared OK but I am wondering if it should be allowed to run for a day on a demo to check 100% that is functioning correctly. In particular I want to check that the stepinc resets itself after a takeprofit from the third ea.

It would be annoying for you if the new thread was started and the new testing and it didnt function as required.

Interestingly the first one to tp was test #2...it took 1hr: 45 minutes (a 71 cent profit...) then test #3 and test #4 tp'd

To include tradebalancer in the this bank of tests was stupid...tradebalancer needs the waddah close on each side as it is truly a hedge....the float does not move and just grows as the spread is taken out on each execution...I removed the "close all pcntmargin EA" and restored the tradebalancer profit to 50 bucks on each side. The test was not compromised because of this.

ES

P.S. mb you might take another look at the close all EA...it still closes and opens trades in rapid fire succession, but it eventually sticks.

Drawdowns are under 1%

Time Started: 09/10/2008 23:10 (gmt)

Time Updated: 09/11/2008 13:00 (gmt)

Starting Balance $2,000.00

Tradebalancer v1.2 win v1.2a incstep v1.2a incstep 2

$1,999.60 (equity) $2,004.05 $2,012.94 $2,011.26

Test #3 is pulling ahead....this is in an enviroment that has not seen a mature grid yet, because we have not had time we just started. Differences in DD are not significant to discuss, thus far and are not even near 1%. May I remind everybody that these tests are intended for retail traders and not necessarily requested, endorsed or used by the trade author. The trade author (waddah attar) is competing in the MT4 Championships I believe and the version that he uses may not resemble these EA's at all. None of these tests below have been fabricated. These tests represent forward testing in demo accounts with the log-ins posted publically for verification. Not any of these tests have been traded live yet, that I know of. The results reported from these tests, must not be interppreted as a recommendtion to trade them. This testing is a result of a Forex-tsd community effort and there is not any ownership or proprietary interest transferred and should be considered public domain and free to all who wish to use the information and the results for evaluation. No opinion is expressed or conveyed by ElectricSavant™ eventhough commentary may indicate an opinion, only your personal trading in a live account at your own risk should form your own opinion in which the community hopes that you share. This testing or method is not intended for commercial use or reproduction.

Thank you for reading.

ES

Time Started: 09/10/2008 23:10 (gmt)

Time Updated: 09/11/2008 14:45 (gmt)

Starting Balance $2,000.00 (demo dollars) in each of the four tests below:

#1 #2 #3 #4

Tradebalancer v1.2 win v1.2a IncStep 1 v1.2a IncStep 2

$1,999.40 (equity) $2,004.82 $2,016.72 $2,011.28
Reason: