Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 32

Just a test

ElectricSavant:
Thanks Waltini for your work. I will try the new IncStep and this new box EA....I do not know how to backtest, so you will need to be patient with me and wait for me to forward test. Do I install this test EA on EUR/USD and USD/CHF? does the TF matter?.... ES

Just test on one currency, timeframe doesn't matter. In the case of sell trades rather than place a limit order above the price I am putting stop orders under the price as it goes up. In this manner when the market is moving fast upwards not all the orders are filled minimising drawdown, but when the price comes down they then get filled.

Thanks ES, but I mean the Close all EA, not WaddahAttar expert...

How it uses the 75 value that is in the inputs? That's what i don't understand...

ElectricSavant:
Hello,

I will try to explain.

This is a price action EA and there is not any use of indicators. You do need to predict direction or evaluate trend. The open order is the result of a user input and there is a gap created around the current price and one could say that it is a breakout open. After the opening entry (the first trade) the EA takes over and pending orders form a grid in advance of the price movement and a position is established. The TP uses a multipication of the margin used....the default value of 75 has no meaning as to margin used, but uses the growing number to achive a value for TP. When using this EA on two pair with prices that move opposite from one another you can get the hedge effect.

ES

P.S. this is just one way to explain it and I am very confusing in the way that I write....perhaps someone here that understands the EA, can write it from another angle.

ElectricSavant:
matrixebiz,

There are two things needed. Just concentrate on one for now. We can get to the other one later.

Just make an IncStep where the user can enter in a number...just like in IncLot.

The number specifies how much wider to make each subsequent step.

for example

If you have a Step 5 and an IncStep of 1 ....you will get the opening gap 10 pips wide as usual then when one side gets hit the pending order will be 6 pips away...then 7 pips and so on....

This is not any different than IncLot....

for example

In IncLot we get the FirstLot of the user input...lets say 5

then if you have an IncLot of 1 your next pending order will be 6...then 7....and so on...

ES

P.S. Naturally the user can put zero's in IncLot and IncStep (the default) and there will be no increases...

OK, I get it now

@Waltini - Beat me to it Good work, thank you.

dragosd1:
Thanks ES, but I mean the Close all EA, not WaddahAttar expert... How it uses the 75 value that is in the inputs? That's what i don't understand...

ES used a CloseAll PL EA to close ALL orders when your AccountProfit gets to a certain dollar amount. The CloseAll PL PcntMargin EA that I did is just a modification I made to it because ES wanted a sliding TP for which it adjusts your TP based on a percent of your Margin used.

So instead of having to set the other EA to close all orders when your account profit gets to what ever dollar amount you put like $10, now it will look at what your margin used is and set a TP profit of the percent amount of that.

So if you put 75 (75%) then if your Margin used is $100 then the EA will close ALL orders when you account profit gets to $75.

Thanks mb...If you guys think about this... the more your exposure is, the higher the TP becomes...which is quite logical...(in most cases).

ES

matrixebiz:
ES used a CloseAll PL EA to close ALL orders when your AccountProfit gets to a certain dollar amount. The CloseAll PL PcntMargin EA that I did is just a modification I made to it because ES wanted a sliding TP for which it adjusts your TP based on a percent of your Margin used.

So instead of having to set the other EA to close all orders when your account profit gets to what ever dollar amount you put like $10, now it will look at what your margin used is and set a TP profit of the percent amount of that.

So if you put 75 (75%) then if your Margin used is $100 then the EA will close ALL orders when you account profit gets to $75.

ok, thanks, now i understand

matrixebiz:

You will notice above that I say "in most cases"...

Let me explain that...Exposure grows in this EA faster (the way I use it), because we are hedging an opposing symbol with the EUR/USD. In this case exposure gets counted in margin twice (if it were the same pair, IBFX does not count it as they account for hedging and net exposure).

Anyways...

There theoretically could be a case that there is an extended choppy environment causing the EA to put on buys and sells causing the net exposure to be neutral...but our TP grows large anyways...this has not been a problem ...not even once....I also noticed if the orders start stacking like that...there is soon to come a breakout...EVERYTIME.....So even if our TP grows large we will get it...

ES

. For you coders out there that want a side project not related to this EA....there is something of a virtual environment to set up and to trigger an entry based on when this EA collects buys and sells to a certain level reaching neutrality....for example your new EA in a new thread could track that and send out a trigger of two breakout orders....you would have an extremely high probability system as the Waddah EA would be your virtual Bollinger Bands ☺

ohhhh....

I almost forgot.

all this assumes you guys are using 400:1....remember for you brave ones out there that go live...you must email and request 400:1 with IBFX....they will provide you with a form to fill out....holding them harmless with this doubling of their standard 200:1 leverage that you get.

This is what IBFX did with me anyways...I do not think they want a bunch of traders at 400:1 however....it effects their capital requirements for the NFA/CFTC (by the way the NFA and the CFTC are the good guys and a traders friend).

ES

Is anybody testing the CloseAll-PL PcntMargin EA with the Waddah TradeBalancer version on EUR/USD with a 400:1 Mini-Demo account with IBFX?

Being that margin grows slower as it is longs and shorts in the same pair (IBFX allows hedging) do you testers notice that you need 100 as a setting in the close all?

ES..

P.S. has anybody tried values larger than 100 in matrixebiz's close all EA?

Igor - In Theaters September 19th

ElectricSavant:
We need an Igor SLAM!
Files:
igor.gif  71 kb
Reason: