Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 19

Dunhill,

can you move the screen text down into an indicator pane?

The new TradeBalancer version is working great...what an improvement!

ES

Tokarus,

you are using 0.1, but not with IBFX Mini...right? so the value of your 0.1 is 1 mini...where when I use 0.1 it is a micro...hmmm....so I should use 1.0 to match your results...damn! I gotta' start over, as micros will take 10 times longer to reach 50 bucks ☺.

I know we are hedged and I do not need to worry...but I do. The nature of taking profit and taking off one side and putting it back on, while the otherside continues in its direction, is not real clear to me yet and this is tough to visualiize. If you think about it, only a one-way move, for a long time can kill this. Cable is most likely a favorable instrument for this, I can agree. I wonder how many pips can be sustained in one direction at 400:1 with 1K?

You must try the latest EA Tokarus...it is really stable...you will never go back to two charts after trying it.

ES

P.S. To reiterate On this test, I am just setting and forgetting, there will be no weighting on the side that gets taken off first. I want to see what happens with a mini on a step 15 no inclot, going for 50 bucks on Cable without any intervention at all. This should be interesting indeed. ..

Start Balance: $1,054.10, 15/1.0/0.0/50.0

Tokarus:
Dunhill,

Both EQ's are based on Cable (GBPUSD). I believe that Cable is best suited for central-tendency systems, but in this case since we have a hedge, even GBPJPY should work.

My steetinga are:

FirstLot=0.1

IncLot=0

running Waddah_Win_1.1 and Waddah_Rev_1.1 on two parallel windows, as per ES idea.

Thank you for your contribution, I must still analyse what ver 1.2 has to offer.

By the way, why is the Rev strategy using Stop Orders, rather than Limit Orders?

Cheers, Kris

I'd like to try the TradeBalancer version but is there a post showing what all the settings mean? just so when I change the values, I know what to expect.

$450 min profit is alot for a mini account.

Thanks

sure matrixebiz I will try,

CLOSE ALL: Default is false, just leave this alone, unless you want to get flat (change to true). If you want to get flat you might change RESTART: "false".

RESTART: Default is true, leave this alone unless you want to stop trading after you exit

Step: Grid space

FirstLot: Lotsize. This is specified here, because you can add an increase for subsuquent lots

IncLot: This is how the EA adds lots...zero would mean there is no progression

MinProfit: This is in dollars for a global exit of this side. This is rather special as it does not operate as you might expect and close all. Wadda Attar has it closing for minimum profit and some trades may be left open. the jury is still out on if this is best for a hedging technique as we have modified. It might be the preferred method.

Magic: You know

Comment: We can write what we wish here and the EA will print it the trade column, when viewing the MT4 terminal. I like to sort by that column when looking. Some speculate that the dealer can see this and note it on the trade tickets that go by. I really do not know...but everybody should have their own unique comments just in case, so don't all of you use fade and pyramid.

This is a hedging EA matrixebiz, so the next inputs are simply a repeat for the other side. You could get real tricky here and weight this side differently than the first side. The first side above, I comment as "Fade", as it adds sells on a rise and buys on a fall...it fades.....

The side below pyramids...so I comment it "Pyramid" ..but you can call it what you wish. Anyways, it buys into the rise and sells into the fall. thus it is a hedge to the first side above. Now when one side reaches its global profit and exits for its min profit this can get a little lopsided in the hedge, but as you run it you will learn that maybe weighting could help...maybe not... the progression of this simple EA is tough to visualize...I really do not know yet. Some of the experienced traders/hedgers may have some insight, such as yourself.

CLOSE ALL: Default is false, just leave this alone, unless you want to get flat (change to true). If you want to get flat you might change RESTART: "false".

RESTART: Default is true, leave this alone unless you want to stop trading after you exit

Step: Grid space

FirstLot: Lotsize. This is specified here, because you can add an increase for subsuquent lots

IncLot: This is how the EA adds lots...zero would mean there is no progression

MinProfit: This is in dollars for a global exit of this side. This is rather special as it does not operate as you might expect and close all. Wadda Attar has it closing for minimum profit and some trades may be left open. the jury is still out on if this is best for a hedging technique as we have modified. It might be the preferred method.

Magic: You know

Comment: We can write what we wish here and the EA will print it the trade column, when viewing the MT4 terminal. I like to sort by that column when looking. Some speculate that the dealer can see this and note it on the trade tickets that go by. I really do not know...but everybody should have their own unique comments just in case, so don't all of you use fade and pyramid.

Start Balance: $1,054.10, 15 step/1.0 FirstLot/0.0 IncLot/50.0 MinProfit, started 7:21 (gmt) 08/20/08

Balance now.. $1,158.10

Equity........... $1,049.10, I have seen 20% IntraReport DD

matrixebiz:
I'd like to try the TradeBalancer version but is there a post showing what all the settings mean? just so when I change the values, I know what to expect.

$450 min profit is alot for a mini account.

Thanks

Does that about cover it dunhill?

A lot of late edits folks...print out the manual above, I am finished I think hehe☺

ES

a picture...is worth one of Electric's rants (a thousand words)

Files:

Yes, you are right, I use Standard account (i.e. $100,000 per lot), so in your IBFX mini case you should use 1.0 positions to achieve the same effect.

However, if your account is $1,000, I would suggest you reduce it to 0.1..0.2 (mini), and reduce the MinProfit to $5..10. This is 1% equity gain per trade! possibly a little aggressive, but who am I to judge :-)

Good luck. Chees, Kris

ElectricSavant:
Tokarus,

you are using 0.1, but not with IBFX Mini...right? so the value of your 0.1 is 1 mini...where when I use 0.1 it is a micro...hmmm....so I should use 1.0 to match your results...damn! I gotta' start over, as micros will take 10 times longer to reach 50 bucks ☺.

YEAH!...dd=30% JUST NOW SHEESH....i will let it MC (400:1) and start over...hehe

ES

Tokarus:
Yes, you are right, I use Standard account (i.e. $100,000 per lot), so in your IBFX mini case you should use 1.0 positions to achieve the same effect.

However, if your account is $1,000, I would suggest you reduce it to 0.1..0.2 (mini), and reduce the MinProfit to $5..10. This is 1% equity gain per trade! possibly a little aggressive, but who am I to judge :-)

Good luck. Chees, Kris

Time Frame

ElectricSavant:
YEAH!...dd=30% JUST NOW SHEESH....i will let it MC (400:1) and start over...hehe ES

Sorry If I missed it, but what time frame is recommended for this. I ran it with the settings 15/0/10 from last nite and profit is 104.00 with a -65.00 float right now. The largest negitive float I saw was -165.00 today. Will send a pic when I get off from work. Running on a 5min time frame.

TF does not matter...

ES

Restart

Start Balance: $982.10, 15 step/0.2 FirstLot/0.0 IncLot/10.0 MinProfit, started 20:22 (gmt) 08/20/08

Balance now.. $982.10

Equity........... $982.10

willmalou:
Sorry If I missed it, but what time frame is recommended for this. I ran it with the settings 15/0/10 from last nite and profit is 104.00 with a -65.00 float right now. The largest negitive float I saw was -165.00 today. Will send a pic when I get off from work. Running on a 5min time frame.
Reason: