Mqldev - page 2

First I wanted to say that your offer is very generous and I am sure everybody appreciate it.

But I have some comments and it's really just my opinion...

I think that MQL4 is so simple (but of course I know a bit programming in general) that you don't really need an EA Builder to help you as it will automatically limit the amount of choices. And if you want to add many features in the EA Builder then it could become not so simple to use.

In my opinion the EA Builder could be just a tool for a first start if you don't know anything about MQL4. You first build simple EAs with it and then you can see what you got as a code, modify it slightly manualy and learn MQL4 this way. So more like a tool to learn MQL4.

In fact many people uses MT4 because MQL4 is simple. There would be much more a need for "EA Builders" for other platforms, such as tool for the API offered by MB Trading or IB because in their cases it's not so simple to do automatic trading. Maybe that could be a better challenge.

jlpi:
First I wanted to say that your offer is very generous and I am sure everybody appreciate it.

But I have some comments and it's really just my opinion...

I think that MQL4 is so simple (but of course I know a bit programming in general) that you don't really need an EA Builder to help you as it will automatically limit the amount of choices. And if you want to add many features in the EA Builder then it could become not so simple to use.

In my opinion the EA Builder could be just a tool for a first start if you don't know anything about MQL4. You first build simple EAs with it and then you can see what you got as a code, modify it slightly manualy and learn MQL4 this way. So more like a tool to learn MQL4.

In fact many people uses MT4 because MQL4 is simple. There would be much more a need for "EA Builders" for other platforms, such as tool for the API offered by MB Trading or IB because in their cases it's not so simple to do automatic trading. Maybe that could be a better challenge.

I think the problem is not the programming language is easy or hard! The problem is the user has the ability to think in bainry or not!

I mean - even the MQL4 is easy - the programming itself is hard task for a lot of MetaTrader users!

Mqldev,

I agree with you. EA Builder will be very helpful to many of us. It will save us a lot of time in developing and yet at the same time help us to learn the programming itself which is not quite easy.

Thank you. Looking forward to your EA Builder.

mqldev:
I think the problem is not the programming language is easy or hard! The problem is the user has the ability to think in bainry or not! I mean - even the MQL4 is easy - the programming itself is hard task for a lot of MetaTrader users!

Hi mqldev,

thank you for the idea to create another free expert advisor. builder.https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Thumbs up

I`m very new in this field and have only little programming knowledge. Therefore, the Advisor from sufx.core.... helped me a lot. Off course, I have had to make changes, but I was able to understand the programming style, and therefore, I could learn soon how to modify some variables, change BUY and SELL and detect my failures. Now I stuck to itegrate an indicator and I think, also the money management will become a big problem.

So I would like to see, that the EA Builder creates a simple structured EA, which I can easy follow and learn how to use and to modify the EA. This should include the use of own indicators and Money management(as already described) At least, I would like to see some documentation, which teaches the structure of the EA and the possibilities of changes.

Reason: