Waddah Attar Win Expert - page 6

Can someone insert in this EA the max trades option?

waddah attar:
My New Version of this Expert

Start Balance : 10000

End Balance : 147000

Max DD : 14.61%

Profit Factor : 2.13

Since 1/1/2008

Hi wadah

really great job, but where is the new Version !!

Tokarus,

May I ask why 40.0 (dollars) per 1K? and why would it need to be larger than the step? why is there a limitation when these appear to be unrelated inputs? Sometimes I get lost and please excuse the primitive question.

This last move in cable seems to call for a 20.0 or 21.0 min profit input...I was just wondering how you arrived at 40.0? Was there a historical signifigance other than just this last move that I so primitivley referred to, or do you prefer to just trade less?

ES

Tokarus:
Waddah Attar,

I hope you don't mind, but I posted your EA on the FF forum. I absolutely love your work, and I felt it was somewhat related to the discussion at:

roll over (carry trades) that can be used for good hit rates - Page 260

Cheers, Kris

Dear ES,

I suggested MinProfit of 40 and/or multiple of step as this strategy tends to have large draw-downs (while cost averaging). Making steps larger we reduce the risk of getting wiped-out (during strong trends). The larger the profit the better from risk : reward perspective, but it requires larger retracement to close with decent profit.

So, one has to experiment and decide on one's risk/reward profile, but like all martingale strategies it is very risky irrespective of settings. If the market trends for extended period of time without retracement, it will wipe out.

Cheers, Kris

ElectricSavant:
Tokarus,

May I ask why 40.0 (dollars) per 1K? and why would it need to be larger than the step? why is there a limitation when these appear to be unrelated inputs? Sometimes I get lost and please excuse the primitive question.

This last move in cable seems to call for a 20.0 or 21.0 min profit input...I was just wondering how you arrived at 40.0? Was there a historical signifigance other than just this last move that I so primitivley referred to, or do you prefer to just trade less?

ES

Tokarus,

Do you evaluate the time duration in the trade...is there any signifigance?

Oh ...where are my manners...thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

ES

Tokarus:
Dear ES,

I suggested MinProfit of 40 and/or multiple of step as this strategy tends to have large draw-downs (while cost averaging). Making steps larger we reduce the risk of getting wiped-out (during strong trends). The larger the profit the better from risk : reward perspective, but it requires larger retracement to close with decent profit.

So, one has to experiment and decide on one's risk/reward profile, but like all martingale strategies it is very risky irrespective of settings. If the market trends for extended period of time without retracement, it will wipe out.

Cheers, Kris

Yes, time duration seems to be a potential issue. It is not uncomon having to wait over a day for a profitable closure. One needs strong conviction to sit on large drawdowns for a long time until it closes in a profit.

Have you looked into this strategy? What do you think?

Cheers, Kris

ElectricSavant:
Tokarus,

Do you evaluate the time duration in the trade...is there any signifigance?

Oh ...where are my manners...thank you for taking the time to explain this to me.

ES

Tokarus,

I am 'living" with it for two weeks now and may I reserve my comment when I can develop more? As you, I am a big fan of waddah's work...but I have never posted privatly with him as we do not share the same language and I do not want to bother him. He has great work and is willing to share. I do not want to interuppt that.

I think that your posts and your points are just absolutly correct and I in this rare instance have nothing more to add...you have said it correctly thus far.

I think the same as you thus far....but do not worry I will post "incessantly" if I can get an opinion. I am a forward tester and it takes me longer to "arrive" ☺

I remain positive.

ES

P.S. Cable seems to be a wise pair in the tests.

Tokarus:
Yes, time duration seems to be a potential issue. It is not uncomon having to wait over a day for a profitable closure. One needs strong conviction to sit on large drawdowns for a long time until it closes in a profit.

Cheers, Kris

Kris,

I am ready to make an observation. I will say that the time duration in the trade is the most important factor with this method.

This is why:
  • As the trade matures the exposure increases and the float moves faster.
  • Swap Cost
  • Conclusions:

• Smaller TP's are needed to forstall the eventuall event of an extended move in one direction
  • A time stop needs to be added to this method.

Thank you

ES

P.S. nanolot trading (0.01=100units in an IBFX mini) in a 1K mini IBFX account may yield enough ...I simply do not know....but I would not recommend larger lotsizes until I could confirm what it would take to blow up and if the yield was enough at the minimum lotsize to survive.

Tokarus:

Cheers, Kris

Let me explain that I understand that I am presenting a backwards approach to my analysis. This is not a professional evaluation...but I do not have much to work with (only my short forward test). I am not a backtester.

I can only make observations and preliminary conclusions without a hypothesis, thus far.

Imagine that I am feeling around in a room with a blindfold on to discover how big the room is. I must first be careful and start with 0.01 and discover what a 6 month yield will be and write down that 6 month range. Then I can imagine what pattern it would take to blow up this thing...then I can look back at 10 years of history visually to see if it occured.

I will tell you right now... a look at the one month chart is scary for this method with anything other than 0.01...can you make enough with 0.01 is the question?

BackwardsSavant ☺

This post is to waddah,

Have you considered introducing a mid-grid hedge instead of the directional nature of the faded-entries. After a certain level of DD is reached the EA could simply calculate what neutral would be and start again...without getting flat with exits.

ES

Reason: