Blessing 2 - page 78

ChicagoRob:

You should be using a daily chart for usdjpy, with the default 100MA.

Rob

Hey Rob, Great job from everyone here, would you say that usdjpy would be the best pair to use then say, eurusd or any other pair at this time? Also if another pair is better, which one and what`s the best TF for that?

joev1962:
Hey Rob, Great job from everyone here, would you say that usdjpy would be the best pair to use then say, eurusd or any other pair at this time? Also if another pair is better, which one and what`s the best TF for that?

I guess Rob is still trading usd-jpy only.

Results may differ, but i personaly prefer usd-jpy and usd-cad, the 2 pairs that have preset files on daily tf. some weeks usd cad is even better than usd-jpy. After more than 2 months of live trading they're my favorites. Eur-usd comes third...hope it helps you

Set files

Alex,

Are you using the set files from post #184 on v5.0 ?

Here are the set files that have been backtested with v4.2. The set file has which chart you should put it on right in the name, i.e: 240 = 4 Hour Chart, 1440 = Daily Chart.

Thanks.

yes i use this set files but i still run version 4.8

This are the only and last set files to use for this pairs

jrous:
Alex,

Are you using the set files from post #184 on v5.0 ?

Here are the set files that have been backtested with v4.2. The set file has which chart you should put it on right in the name, i.e: 240 = 4 Hour Chart, 1440 = Daily Chart.

Thanks.

Set files

Alex,

Is v4.8 any better than v5.0 ? and where can I find it?

Thanks

NO

V5 is the last version, it's the version to use

V5, compared to 4.8 fixed 5 decimals brokers and AutoGrid AutoCal options

I just didn't take time to upgrade my charts, Profits should be equals anyway if you use 4.8 or 5 versions.

jrous:
Alex,

Is v4.8 any better than v5.0 ? and where can I find it?

Thanks

lron:
All,

Please be aware of what Rob stated. The minimum amount of money you need to trade Blessing on one pair is $2500 no matter what your account is.

If you happen to have a broker that allows "penny a pip" (IBFX), then you can start with $250.

Standard (1 lot), Mini (.1 lot), or micro (.01) lot definitions have nothing to do with value of your pip. You do have to understand what your pip is worth and every broker in the world uses .01 lots as 10 cents a pip. As such, you need $2500 to trade ONE pair with Blessing.

Penny a Pip is what I trade at IBFX. It allows me more control of the EA. It allows me to trade many pairs and allows me to use portion control to manage my strategy. Yes, it limits my choices of brokers but I am not trading with $10,000 right now. When my account does hit $10,000, I will switch to a "standard" broker that trades down to micro lots (10 cents per .01 lot).

Just to be safe, everyone should close out their live account trades today on IBFX. They are going to 5 decimal data streams over the weekend and I truly can not tell you what Blessing will do with 4 decimal trades out there then 5 decimal trades all of sudden hitting the account. Better safe than sorry!

Happy Trading

v/r

Iron,

I believe IBFX is changing to 5 digit on the demo accounts this month and live account next month on MAY 17. I talked IBFX via live chat and this is the response I got...............

Trevor : lost my news about the 5 didget change. When does it take effect for live accounts?

Client Services10: The five digit change should take effect on May 17th

Trevor : If im trading .01 on a mini account now....it is equal to a penny per pip. Would I have to change to .001 to have the same value for a 5 digit accout?

Client Services10: No, on a mini account 0.01 would still be one penny per pip. The extra digit won't really effect the nano lots (0.01 lots)

even more robust

Hi to all,

here is a suggestion to protect Blessing against small price retracements, causing Blessing to enter in the wrong direction.

As we know trending prices are dangerous for the EA if we had for some reasons a wrong (wrong direction) entry signal.

In many tests I discovered that the reason for that is often a small but sufficiant retracement in a trend causing the EA to enter in an unwanted direction (see the attached image).

In this example the price is for a short time below the MA causing Blessing to enter short.

This situation can easily be improved without changing the characteristic of Blessing.

Instead of watching the MA/price crossover it woulb be better to let a MA/MA crossover determine the entry direction. This would filter out many faulty signals.

In the example I have used an EMA 25/100 crossover. As you see the EMA 25 is during the retracement above the EMA 100 and therefore telling Blessing to go long instead of short.

Any thoughts?

You all have a great eastern!

Best

Antomi

even more robust

Antomi:
Hi to all,

here is a suggestion to protect Blessing against small price retracements, causing Blessing to enter in the wrong direction.

As we know trending prices are dangerous for the EA if we had for some reasons a wrong (wrong direction) entry signal.

In many tests I discovered that the reason for that is often a small but sufficiant retracement in a trend causing the EA to enter in an unwanted direction (see the attached image).

In this example the price is for a short time below the MA causing Blessing to enter short.

This situation can easily be improved without changing the characteristic of Blessing.

Instead of watching the MA/price crossover it woulb be better to let a MA/MA crossover determine the entry direction. This would filter out many faulty signals.

In the example I have used an EMA 25/100 crossover. As you see the EMA 25 is during the retracement above the EMA 100 and therefore telling Blessing to go long instead of short.

Any thoughts?

You all have a great eastern!

Best

Antomi

Sorry for unknown reasons the image was not attached. Hopefully it works now.

Antomi

Files:

joev1962:

When trading one pair, I prefer usdjpy. It has good

up/down movement, but doesn't trend as much as

most pairs. If I were trading additional pairs, I would

go with audusd and usdcad.

For me, it's the average daily range that makes a

difference. I am going to check out other pairs

with a low ADR and demo-test them.

Attached, is a nice daily range calculator, which you

can put in one of your indicator windows.

Rob

Reason: