Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker? - page 10

TaKiii:
Hotspot dont go through a clearer.. Hotspot are a clearer. Their hub is dukascopy.

I stand by the fact that I will never ever believe an ECN to be on mt4. Because MT4 is designed to market make. So the money has to be market made.

Its easier to tell the truth, than to tell lies, and people can expect certain things, and be prepared for it.

FXOpen has a true ECN now. You can clearly see it at work on the live platform. You can have partial fills, can place limit orders within the spread, affect the spread of others with your positions, see the market liquidity using the supplied LVLII software or on chart liquidity information and see your own orders in there on the order book.

The FXOpen ECN is directly connected to the liquidity providers using bridge technology 2 years in the making, that I believe will only be available "off the shelf" when MT5 comes along. Its really quite advanced stuff.

jafar00:
FXOpen has a true ECN now. You can clearly see it at work on the live platform. You can have partial fills, can place limit orders within the spread, affect the spread of others with your positions, see the market liquidity using the supplied LVLII software or on chart liquidity information and see your own orders in there on the order book. The FXOpen ECN is directly connected to the liquidity providers using bridge technology 2 years in the making, that I believe will only be available "off the shelf" when MT5 comes along. Its really quite advanced stuff.

jafar,

Is it both on live and demo accounts? And if it is how do you determine which one to use?

"Unique combination of Retail Forex Trading and Real ECN/STP Currency Trading Online with Level II on MT4 with FXOpen."

hi

mbtrading with MT4 will be a good choice

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

jafar00:
FXOpen has a true ECN now. You can clearly see it at work on the live platform. You can have partial fills, can place limit orders within the spread, affect the spread of others with your positions, see the market liquidity using the supplied LVLII software or on chart liquidity information and see your own orders in there on the order book. The FXOpen ECN is directly connected to the liquidity providers using bridge technology 2 years in the making, that I believe will only be available "off the shelf" when MT5 comes along. Its really quite advanced stuff.

Do you know who thy use as their liquidity provider?

Last time I checked their spreads did not look like ecn spreads.

mikkom:
Do you know who thy use as their liquidity provider? Last time I checked their spreads did not look like ecn spreads.

Hello mikkom,

We have connected our MT4 to Dukascopy and have absolutely the same liquidity providers , such as Dresdner, SG Paris, Standard Chartered, Barclays Capital, Bank of America, CRNX, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank AG, RBS, CITI, UBS, HOTSPOT INST, HOTSPOT RETAIL, GOLDMAN, LavaFX, SWFX FX Participant, SWFX FX Anonymous Bank, Other Liquidity Providers.

FXOpen:
Hello mikkom, We have connected our MT4 to Dukascopy and have absolutely the same liquidity providers , such as Dresdner, SG Paris, Standard Chartered, Barclays Capital, Bank of America, CRNX, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank AG, RBS, CITI, UBS, HOTSPOT INST, HOTSPOT RETAIL, GOLDMAN, LavaFX, SWFX FX Participant, SWFX FX Anonymous Bank, Other Liquidity Providers.

Okay that helps a lot. Can you explain why your spreads differ so much from dukas spreads? (or are they nowaways on the same level?)

Also, what is your commission structure [edit: found it, $7 per 1 std round turn]? The trade sizes are the same as with dukas I suppose?

Georgebaker:
jafar,

Is it both on live and demo accounts? And if it is how do you determine which one to use?

"Unique combination of Retail Forex Trading and Real ECN/STP Currency Trading Online with Level II on MT4 with FXOpen."

There are both retail and ECN sides to FXOpen. Yes it's both demo and live.

Which to choose? If you have the money ($5-10k at least) go ECN. Also if your strategy is "news trading" or intensive scalping, the ECN is a better choice too. If you have less money or you are a simple technical trader, the retail side is fine.

mikkom:
Okay that helps a lot. Can you explain why your spreads differ so much from dukas spreads? (or are they nowaways on the same level?) Also, what is your commission structure [edit: found it, $7 per 1 std round turn]? The trade sizes are the same as with dukas I suppose?

Hi Mikkom

Are you sure you were looking at the ECN and not the MM platform?

The link to the ECN MT4 is http://www.fxopen.com/Download.aspx?name=fx4setup_ECN.exe

Commissions are 0.0007% round turn and yes, the lot size min is 1.00 standard lots.

mikkom:
Okay that helps a lot. Can you explain why your spreads differ so much from dukas spreads? (or are they nowaways on the same level?) Also, what is your commission structure [edit: found it, $7 per 1 std round turn]? The trade sizes are the same as with dukas I suppose?

Hi mikkom,

We have absolutelly identical spreads with Duka, check the image below.

p.s. As Jafar mentioned already, make sure you use FXOpen ECN MT4 which is different form FXO MM MT4

Files:
screen1.png  57 kb

FX Open

You only offer 'Market Execution' which means that slippage cannot be controlled. The trade ticket says 'Sell by Market' and 'Buy by Market' so how do you suggest that we can have any control over slippage in fast markets?

Reason: