Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker? - page 13

jafar00:
Thanks for the smile you just gave me. When your stop loss doesn't get filled and you end up with a winner in the end, it's the one time where not being filled makes you happy!

That was obviously the exception. It made me smile too but my point was that "stop hunting" is something that happens to other people.

MB vs FxOpen ECN

Greetings All,

Anybody have first hand experience trading both of these on MT4? If so please compare the following.

1/ Fills and slippage.

2/ Spread during news.

3/ Downtime, connection loss etc.

4/ Speed of execution.

5/ Bad ticks

6/ Stop proximity:

I have been a client of MB for about 2 years. There is no such thing as stop hunting. I have had the price go within 0.00001 of my stop and not hit. It has even hit my price and not taken me out. That one really made me happy as it reversed and turned into a winner.

Previous posts have stated that FxOpen is using Dukascopy as the route for their ECN. If so then that would appear to be a bona fide approach.

Please don't fill this thread with opinions about integrity based on geographical location or race. These have been repeated ad nauseam on other threads.

Cheers

painless:
That was obviously the exception. It made me smile too but my point was that "stop hunting" is something that happens to other people.

Hide your stop loses. Broker will not see your stop loses.

He can hunt the witches.

painless:

I make that observation often. People who spend a lot of their time losing, keep doing so because they blame their broker for stop hunting or whatever excuse, instead of looking at how they are trading and doing something to fix whatever mistakes they made.

Hidden SL Breakeven/Jump code not working

NVM, figured it out.

sysdaytrad:
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...

I have an EA that manages hidden stop loss and take profit orders when a trade is manually opened. It doesn't actually place sl and tp orders, just watches the trade for you and closes the trade at your pre determined level. It is useful if your stop loss or take profit needs to be close to your entry and your broker has a minimum required distance from entry for stop loss orders. I found it months ago and have been using it with great success. It saves me a lot of time not having to manually place my stop loss and take profit orders.

I was wondering if anybody who has some mt4 programing skills could make a modification to the ea. It would be wonderful if the ea had a break even function. ie, once the trade is up a pre-determined amount the ea would move its hidden stop loss to break even so we are not risking anything on the trade any more.

Also, while were at it, it would be great it the ea could place emergency stop loss and take profit orders further away from the hidden sl / tp, just in case of a blackout or something.

At the moment you can set the hidden sl and tp levels when you attach the EA to the chart. The rest of the settings would need to adjustable as well.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can do this. I think that it would be a fantastic EA once it it complete and will be a great benefit to a lot of traders.

Here is the EA. I hope i have attached it correctly.

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks for the EA Adam!

hope this EA will help you

orangkita:
Hi, nice setup for profit protector EA but I could not find the EA there, can someone attached the EA here pls. My target is to close ALL ORDERs including POs based on overall targeted profit. For example, my target total profit usd100 and once the profit reached the target, the EA will close all orders (profit/loss) including pending order to avoid reversal/losses. Thx

Adding invisible SL/TP?

I have a generic EMA crossover EA and it was working great however I was wondering if somebody could quickly alter it to make the SL and TP levels hidden from my broker?

I have no coding experience but from what I understand this isnt too complicated.

Files:

EA for manual trades

Is there an EA that simply provides a form for the user to setup a trade, so the broker is not given any info other than the buy/sell, to keep the 'cards' close to the trader. ? thx !

perhaps some EA's to avoid giving any stop/target level info ?

Reason: