Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker? - page 15

There is a program called Broker Nightmare that works. There are some problems with the program. I developed and EA that has a 100% profitable record in back test, sometimes the server won't accept the trade because the take profit is too close. Would this program allow you to artificially inflate the tp and sl, but have the program close the trade at a closer amount?

Ms_Mel:
Why exactly do you want to hide your SL and TP?? Ms_Mel

I have had many trades that are within the spread to close for a profit and the market turns resulting in a substantial loss. I don't know exactly how the market works but it seems that it works against you. I know the commodity markets used to be run by market makers, who always seemed to work against your positions, hitting stops crashing you out of the trade then the market turns in your direction. It seems a little corrupt! I believe the forex market is run through a system of computers which is easily programmed to manipulate the markets to hit stop losses and stay away from profit targets. The proof lies in the fact that a back tested system can be profitable, but in real time (with the broker seeing stops and tp levels) the system can fall apart!

the better question is why not use hidden tp/sl? i mean if you have a fixed sl set and you have a second one that is the real thing, where is the problem? the same for TP... maybe i should edit the latest version so you can set a real TP/SL that is fixed and that the broker can see but a second, hidden real TP/SL. what do you guys think?

would be np i guess.. and when you get disconnected for whatever reasons, there is still the set TP/SL with the broker as a fallback guarantee..

would be a win/win or am i wrong?

The sl and tp would be set with the order when the trade is opened It should be further than the TRUE tp and sl. Would your program actually over ride the original amount and close the trade anyway? Once the trade is opened the sl n tp are on the brokers server, not on your indidual computer. If I get it right your EA is flying without a safety net!

Personally I'm not too keen on hiding sl and tp from brokers.

YenTrader2:
The sl and tp would be set with the order when the trade is opened It should be further than the TRUE tp and sl. Would your program actually over ride the original amount and close the trade anyway? Once the trade is opened the sl n tp are on the brokers server, not on your indidual computer. If I get it right your EA is flying without a safety net!

currently you are right.. thats what most of the users in this thread criticize and thats what i want to change if you guys want it...

the hidden tp/sl wouldn't overwrite anything, the set open TP/SL would still remain the same for the case that the server/computer/internet or whatever crashes. If i add the lines for this EA to add an open TP/SL bigger than the hidden one, then it would overwrite the one you set manualy, thats right. but this new sl/TP wouldn't crash if the computer goes down or your internet or whatever.

Yeah it's based on an EA, so the EA would have to be running in an active chart on your computer. I guess in an odd way the set tp and sl further away from where you want it, would protect your account from a catastrophic failure. I have my computer on battery back up, so far a crash has prevented me from entering a trade, but not from exiting, I guess it's just dumb luck!

marcus1rex:
Personally I'm not too keen on hiding sl and tp from brokers.

Not to sound too conspiratorial, but since there's been people trading any type of good, there's been collusion and manipulation. If you trade longer time frames, with bigger targets, it is not as crucial. For tight tp and sl's it is necessary on a lot of occasions to conceal your targets.

The usage of EA

Hi Surfer,

Great EA, but just want to clarify 2 things,

1. what exactly mean the "reduce", don't know how to apply, if possible, quote with e.g. is appreciated;

2. My broker is Alpari, which is 5 dp, if I want to set the SL as 10pips, the value column shall be 10 or 100? Same value applies to "TP" and "slippage"?

3. Just reconfirm, I used to put my open order (by script) with both pre-fixed SL & TP (then 3 positions are actually seemed by broker), then I switch on the EA (any different if I leave the EA activitated before open order?), which set of SL & TP (the original one or hidden one) takes the control?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Cheers

City

surfer90:
and again an update:

this time you can let the ea reduce the TP up to three times. if you want the ea to break even after the first reduce, simply set take_profit2-4 = 0, the same for break even after the second reduce.

I did not edit the SL function in this way because I dont need it for what i do with this ea. If someone wants the SL to be able to be reduced,please feel free to either edit the code or post here so i can edit the code.

feel free to use the first version if you are sure you only need one reduce.

Regards Surfer

planing feature:

-Comment on the screen what TP is currently in use. (currently searching the code for comments on screen, will be back asap with the update =) )

- auto detection of 5-digit broker (currently you have to multiply the SL/TP values by 10 manualy)

Have a nice day!

Ah and by the way: You can also use this EA to controll the SL and TP of other EAs wich you are running. To do so: set the magic number of the main EA to 0 and open a second chart with the same currency (TF does not matter) and add the SL/TP EA to it, than our little friend will watch the trades for you =) tested and proofed working, very nice for i.e. commercial EAs where you cant set stealth SL/TP or where this stuff is bugged or whatever.

Stop loss, take profit script

Hi all!

Does anybody have or can help to write script which creates hidden stop loss and/or take profit orders in mt4? Script uses inputs like direction of trade long/short and stop loss, take profit levels (input by trader, manually). On each tick script compares current market price with SL, TP levels and if SL, TP level is hit by price then script closes transaction?

Thank you in advance.

Reason: