Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker? - page 14

Many

There are many EAs that have hidden SL and TP. You can probably find one that suits the strategy you are looking for whether it be MA crossover, trend reversal or breakout. Can't say that they work any better than the ones that update the orders on the server. That would probably be a good subject for a separate discussion.

IKON GLOBAL MARKETS is an active market

From thier own website - read it yourself:

"Competitive and Executable Pricing

The Royal Division of IKON GLOBAL MARKETS is an active market makerwith access to leading international financial institutions. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best trading environment possible. Benefits include the following:"

painless:
That was obviously the exception. It made me smile too but my point was that "stop hunting" is something that happens to other people.

If you are worried about stop hunting or broker seeing your tp levels than use this EA.Enjoy

Files:

so what about the initial idear of adding a break even after x minutes value? would that be possible?

would be nice if the EA from post 1 could be edited that way.

thanks in advance

ok whatever, i got it to work myself. You can set the time after which tp is reduced (it is in seconds) and from wich to wich value it is reduced (set take_profit2 = 0 for break even)

Have fun with it, hope i helped some of us.

Regards Surfer

P.S.: if you like it and you wanna donate me feel free to pm me Edit: I added a slippage function where you can set the slippage to an amount. the default of 5 was too high for my taste.

and again an update:

this time you can let the ea reduce the TP up to three times. if you want the ea to break even after the first reduce, simply set take_profit2-4 = 0, the same for break even after the second reduce.

I did not edit the SL function in this way because I dont need it for what i do with this ea. If someone wants the SL to be able to be reduced,please feel free to either edit the code or post here so i can edit the code.

feel free to use the first version if you are sure you only need one reduce.

Regards Surfer

planing feature:

-Comment on the screen what TP is currently in use. (currently searching the code for comments on screen, will be back asap with the update =) )

- auto detection of 5-digit broker (currently you have to multiply the SL/TP values by 10 manualy)

Have a nice day!

Ah and by the way: You can also use this EA to controll the SL and TP of other EAs wich you are running. To do so: set the magic number of the main EA to 0 and open a second chart with the same currency (TF does not matter) and add the SL/TP EA to it, than our little friend will watch the trades for you =) tested and proofed working, very nice for i.e. commercial EAs where you cant set stealth SL/TP or where this stuff is bugged or whatever.

One problem with setting "Hidden" stop losses is that the client has to send in a "close order" command. This being so, the stop losses wont be executed as fast as they would be if they were set on the server. I can see the benefit to getting a break even after 10 pips moving your direction, but sometimes the market moves so fast that the server may not close an order at the exact time nessecary. One has to be careful with the code on this one to minimize a bad situation. I personally use an EA with 3 level stop-loss and initial stop-loss, but it modifies the order instead of keeping it hidden.

thats what the slippage value is for... increase this value if you get a lot of errors closing trades. I use this EA at a time where there is not much movement in the markets and it works very good for me!

Tp ea

Hi

I like this little EA, works well for me.

Good luck.

Files:
Reason: