Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 82

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

I have another request; Kindly make histogram on attached indicator, and:

-put alert/arrow on the chart on color change;

-command how to call said indicator in an EA and script to open buy/sell trade on arrow color change.

Thanks much in advance.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Made a histogram version with histogram and alerts and arrows on color change. The indicator is using buffer 4 (slope buffer) for a call in an EA one way can do something like if slope > 0 buy and slope < 0 sell.

mrtools:
Hi Paul, Made a histogram version with histogram and alerts and arrows on color change. The indicator is using buffer 4 (slope buffer) for a call in an EA one way can do something like if slope > 0 buy and slope < 0 sell.

Thanks much, mladen.

Hi, mrtools. Thanks much for the RSI-MA histo request.

Can you please add arrow signal on supertrend indicator?

On the RSI-MA histo and this indicator, can you please provide me the iCustom string and the "if" command to buy and sell. I dont know about programming; I just copy and paste into existing EA :-)

Thank you very much in advance.

Paul

Files:

tamaraofx:
Hi, mrtools. Thanks much for the RSI-MA histo request.

Can you please add arrow signal on supertrend indicator?

On the RSI-MA histo and this indicator, can you please provide me the iCustom string and the "if" command to buy and sell. I dont know about programming; I just copy and paste into existing EA :-)

Thank you very much in advance.

Paul

Hi Paul,

On the Supertrend histo there is a few occasions where that version could repaint so added arrows to a non repainting verson.

On the rsi ma histo and Supertrend made what I like to call Ea versions you will get the same result signal wise but for me its easier adding them to an EA this way.

The iCustom call for the rsi ma one way could be

double rsiMaNow = iCustom(NULL,0,"Rsioma bar histo",RsiOma_Period,0,RsiOma_Mode,RsiOma_Price,2,0);

double rsiMaPre = iCustom(NULL,0,"Rsioma bar histo",RsiOma_Period,0,RsiOma_Mode,RsiOma_Price,2,1);

if (rsiMaNow > rsiMaPre) //Buy

if (rsiMaNow < rsiMaPre) //Sell

Now for the Supertrend Histo what it is based on is simply Cci 0. So can do it something like this

double cciTrendNow = iCCI(NULL, 0, CCIperiod, applied_price, 0);

double cciTrendPre = iCCI(NULL, 0, CCIperiod, applied_price, 1);

if (cciTrendNow > 0 && cciTrendPre < 0) //buy

if (cciTrendNow 0) //sell

if you prefer calling the supertrend histo can do something like this

double stNow = iCustom(NULL,0,"Supertrend nrp histo,CCIperiod,applied_price,2,0);

double stPre = iCustom(NULL,0,"Supertrend nrp histo,CCIperiod,applied_price,2,1);

if (stNow > 0 && stPre < 0) // buy

if (stNow 0) // sell

Thank you very much..

StepChart vertical-horizontal shift

Hello mrtools,

Kindly add vertical/horizontal shift to StepChart indicator similar to Heiken Ashi SmoothedS Alert. And then, please provide me the iCustom and buy/sell script for StepChart and StepChart-separate indicators.

Thank you very much.

Paul

hi mladen

my 1st time as a subscriber, but been reading and following a long time already

question

I am using the BB Macd NRP in a specific setting

would it be possible to code an EA

just trading the London session (optional)(added feature - edited this message)

closing a trade when the 1st dot has set on change of direction

opening a new trade immediately in the new direction (reverse trading)

hopefully this can be done

for your information

I recently found a free indicator called Logic Trader MT4 Indicator which shows the same signals on chart (line rather than dots)(set to 7)

these 2 are what I use currently in manual trading and they seem ok

anyway, thank you in advance

trading to start upon the 1st set dot of a then change of direction from the London Open

no SL no TP

I am using settings 11 21 7

sager11:
hi mladen

my 1st time as a subscriber, but been reading and following a long time already

question

I am using the BB Macd NRP in a specific setting

would it be possible to code an EA

just trading the London session (optional)(added feature - edited this message)

closing a trade when the 1st dot has set on change of direction

opening a new trade immediately in the new direction (reverse trading)

hopefully this can be done

for your information

I recently found a free indicator called Logic Trader MT4 Indicator which shows the same signals on chart (line rather than dots)(set to 7)

these 2 are what I use currently in manual trading and they seem ok

anyway, thank you in advance

trading to start upon the 1st set dot of a then change of direction from the London Open

no SL no TP

I am using settings 11 21 7

sager11

Does that mean the entries/exits should happen on MACD slope change?

mladen:
sager11 Does that mean the entries/exits should happen on MACD slope change?

hi mladen, thanks, much appreciated

I apologize, I was thinking colorchange on dots, so I made the dots disappear and back came the line, so yes slope change but after the slope change is confirmed, see next line

basically the slope change causes the color of the line to change right? I have read about such an ea where apart from the slope change the crossing of the middleline of the bollingerbands confirms the close of the current trade and the opening of the new trade in the opposit direction (on the bb macd nrp no such middleline visible)(that ea on another forum was on BB Macd MT4 v6 - which still repaints so not to be used)

additionally there were thoughts on optional (user defined) levels on the bb macd between which only the exit trade were possible but a reverse trade just could not be opened before leaving (continuing new move and crossing outside the no fly area) (this to stay away from losses where the market is ranging instead of trending) sofar my watching charts endlessly in this setup has deemed this option unnecessary

as for the timerange userdefinable, the endtime of trading should also mean close the going trade, but this option also can be left out

in manual trading I currently use the IceFx TraderAgent to reverse the tradedirection instantly when I see the change of direction signalled from both indicators (BB Macd NRP and Logic Trader MT4 Indicator) and that functions very much okay

hopefully the above suffices

with regards

sager11

in addition

maybe slope change AND crossing the Bollinger outerband or a 0.5SD inner band to the inside once confirmed is okay for the trade-exit and crossing the middleband subsequently is the right moment for the new entry (this makes the exit a bit more early so the mileage into the retrace a bit less)

hi mladen

I ve been running the bb macd nrp back and forth to watch the impact of the discussion from the other forum and I think the answer to your initial question if just the slope change would do is a resounding yes, yes just the slope change will do

there are just too many if's and but's for any additional conditional confirmation/denials

it is all too true that I donot use them in my manual trading, but the discussion was interesting non-the-less, end conclusion KISS

thanks

with regards

sager11

Reason: