Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 88

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Metatrader7:
I am having one problem. If I add 10 of these over all time frames in mtf mode with vertical lines painted, the entire template becomes heavy and it takes up to a minute to switch between timeframes. I have lots of CPU and RAM, but still it hangs. I am thinking may be adding a variable to display over X number of bars would help, or may be something else- creating a library or .dll

If you add 10 time frames in a mtf mode then you have practially all the bars of the chart recalculated all the time (in multi time frame the least number of bars calculated is the number of bars that belong to the highest time frame) Also, metatrader 4 was never good with objects (too much objects and it was always slowed down). And with these new builds of metatrader 4 it became even worse. So, try limiting the number of bars to the smallest (I work with 5000 bars per chart and I have no problems), but if you still keep 10 time frames, this new metatrader 4 will not be very happy for that

Metatrader7
Metatrader7  
mladen:
If you add 10 time frames in a mtf mode then you have practially all the bars of the chart recalculated all the time (in multi time frame the least number of bars calculated is the number of bars that belong to the highest time frame) Also, metatrader 4 was never good with objects (too much objects and it was always slowed down). And with these new builds of metatrader 4 it became even worse. So, try limiting the number of bars to the smallest (I work with 5000 bars per chart and I have no problems), but if you still keep 10 time frames, this new metatrader 4 will not be very happy for that

How do you limit bars to 5000. There is no such variable within indicator. Do you limit through history center or else?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Metatrader7:
How do you limit bars to 5000. There is no such variable within indicator. Do you limit through history center or else?

Go to tools->options->charts and in "Max bars in chart" set the value to 5000

Metatrader7
Metatrader7  
mladen:
Go to tools->options->charts and in "Max bars in chart" set the value to 5000

I got that 5000 and disconnected everything above H4 from small timeframes, so it works.

Another issue is interpolation of the last point. Could you make it interpolate into the future into the distance of the unfinished bar on a higher timeframe? otherwise that looks pretty ugly sometimes.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Metatrader7:
I got that 5000 and disconnected everything above H4 from small timeframes, so it works. Another issue is interpolation of the last point. Could you make it interpolate into the future into the distance of the unfinished bar on a higher timeframe? otherwise that looks pretty ugly sometimes.

That would be extrapolation already Anyway : it might be ugly sometimes but the data is correct. If the data should be extrapolated into future we would need to a) add more buffers b) distort the current value (make it not correct) or if we do it by shifting then all the values when the indicator is called from other code would show wrong values for the bar required. In my opinion, better that we have correct values than to strive for beauty

Metatrader7
Metatrader7  
mladen:
That would be extrapolation already Anyway : it might be ugly sometimes but the data is correct. If the data should be extrapolated into future we would need to a) add more buffers b) distort the current value (make it not correct) or if we do it by shifting then all the values when the indicator is called from other code would show wrong values for the bar required. In my opinion, better that we have correct values than to strive for beauty

If you interpolate through the open instead of close, last point would be horizontal on mtf.

davidoh
davidoh  

hello sir,

I hope I am not bothering you too much. The attached indicator is missing numerical values in Data Window.

Once a section from periodBegin to periodEnd becomes completed, the highest high and the lowest low will be determined. The values (the highest high, the lowest low) are to be displayed on Data Window from candle “A” which occurs immediately after periodEnd. The values of the highest high and the lowest low are expressed as Upper Line and Lower Line, respectively. These values are to be displayed until candle “B” which is BoxEnd on Data Window. These can be cumbersome and inefficient but please regard them as passion and interest for learning.

Thanks in advance,

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
davidoh:
hello sir,

I hope I am not bothering you too much. The attached indicator is missing numerical values in Data Window.

Once a section from periodBegin to periodEnd becomes completed, the highest high and the lowest low will be determined. The values (the highest high, the lowest low) are to be displayed on Data Window from candle “A” which occurs immediately after periodEnd. The values of the highest high and the lowest low are expressed as Upper Line and Lower Line, respectively. These values are to be displayed until candle “B” which is BoxEnd on Data Window. These can be cumbersome and inefficient but please regard them as passion and interest for learning.

Thanks in advance,

davidoh

It is because it does not uses buffers at all but it uses only objects. Values of objects are not visible in data window

davidoh
davidoh  

hello fellows,

Is there anyone who help me on post #879, please?

it maybe will take about 10years to learn skills and code(?) by myself.

waiting for your help,

david

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
davidoh:
hello fellows,

Is there anyone who help me on post #879, please?

it maybe will take about 10years to learn skills and code(?) by myself.

waiting for your help,

david

david

Did you read this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178397/page59 ?