Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 76

Looking for ea: bar crosses EMA

I am looking for an EA opening trades when the current bar touches a certain EMA. No i don't search an ea opening trades when EMA crosses a certain Level so please dont delete this thread newdigital.

Help me please guys! thank you in advance

ea request

Check out fx godfather. Its a commercial ea but can be found using a search engine. Sounds what you are looking for.

rgds

Peter

caprica:
Hi,

I am getting tired of EAs which have wide stops or worse use martingales. Every time I take a loss with one of these systems, it takes a large chunk out of my account.

I am on the hunt for a "profitable" EA which has a high "R" value, meaning that the typical profit is much larger than the typical loss. Such an EA is likely to have a lower than 50% win rate and an equity curve that looks like a stair case, where each loss takes a small nibble out of the account and when it takes a win it adds to the account with a small step. Occasionally the system will hit a 10 bagger and you will see a big step in the equity curve. My best guess is such a system is likely to trade breakouts to get high R situations and then use an aggressive trade management strategy (e.g. pyramiding, trailing stops, indicator based stops, etc) to get the most out of the trade.

Has anyone seen such an EA?

thanks in advance, Caprica

Anything aggressive will have aggressive loses.

peterke:
Check out fx godfather. Its a commercial ea but can be found using a search engine. Sounds what you are looking for.

rgds

Peter

since this ea seems to be quite easy to me, isn't there a non comercial option? I mean its just a bar crossing a defined EMA. If you give me the code for the "current price", then I'll code it myself. I simly can't find a piece of code wich uses any command similar to this. I tried by saying "if (Ask=ema)..." but it wont open any orders at all so i guess this is the wrong command.

need help there guys

Move Stop Loss EA

I need an EA that moves the stop loss of ALL trading positions in a pair to a determined level (in pips) (FOR EXAMPLE - 50 PIPS STOP LOSS) when ANY of the trades reaches a determined level (in pips) (for example + 75 pips).

Example I open 2 trades of gbp/usd (one at market, one pending order) with a stop loss of -100 pips, when any of these 2 trades reaches + 75 pips I want that the EA moves the stop loss of both to -50 pips.

This should be done with the pending trade EVEN if it is still not executed.

I think this EA could be very useful to all, since Break Even doesn't work very well, but this limiting losses EA concept will be a great tool.

TIA

Pepe

multi curency backtest?

Is it possible to run an EA on 2 or more currencys at the same time in the backtest? i have a nice looking ea and would like to backtest it properly since it runs on 3 different currencies

thank you for your answer

Not in Metatrader.

Some special software may be.

newdigital:
Not in Metatrader. Some special software may be.

yeah i already thought that. anybody know about such a software?

Check commercial section.

As I remember - it was one free software programmed by Terranin ... or Teranine ... from Canada (author of the first free copy trades tool), then 1 or 2 commercial softwares.

1 commercial one was very good (as some people said).

Should be in commercial or evaluation section.

Try to search free one first ...

How to stop false trade signals

Folks,

Many of you have had apiece of the attached EA and indicator. I'm hoping with that familiarity that you can help me stop the false trading signals. The Heiken Ashi setup works great if if the price doesn't vary to much, but it will kill your account with false trade signals.

I have tried several suggestions most dealt with "Bool Newbar" setups either I am not placing them properly , I have tried all init & start areas in both the Indic & EA, or they just don't work.

The problem is easy to spot for the indicator, let it run and check the alert popup for alarms that don't have a matching arrow, It must have re-painted.

The problem can also be spotted for the EA in the backtest, you will see the reversal with out an arrow. The problem is easier to spot in the live test. The EA has been setup for a ECN broker; Clean OrderSend and 5 digit.

I believe the goal is to trade on the opening of a new candle based on the last closed candle.

Thanks in advance for your help

Ray

Files:
Reason: