Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 79

dataevolved:
Hi All

Firstly thanks for all the MT4 indicators and EA's, but I have a request (my first ever here) which will assist me greatly, and may assist other members too.

Does anyone know of or could knock up an EA which can do the following

send an email alert, when the following conditions are met (I am trying to be as explicit as possible here as I do not want to continually request revisions, pls feel free to add suggestions). All this information is taken from the Terminal, so one would not need to enter sundry info, just use MT4 as normal, and the EA would do its thing after you enter ticket details.

*list of existing orders, if they exist (in case the EA had to be restarted)

*adding a new order

*on open of an order, be it on order or at market price

*modification of an order: size, TP, SL, partial close, etc

*close of an order: complete close, not partial else it is a modification

Email contents would be the usual info (again any suggestions most welcome)

Symbol:

Comment: (User defined static string, anything can be contained in this string)

Ticket#: (ticket value (Order) from MT4)

Size: 

Open:

StopLoss: (optional is used)

TP:
 (optional is used)

Close: Price on closing the trade

OpenTime: (value taken from Terminal)

CloseTime: (value taken from Terminal|state:trade still open or on order)

Strategy: (again user defined, if required) [currently I swing and scalp trade thus the reason for this, it will assist me in my trading journal in understanding why I take a trade]

many thanks in advance if you can or cannot assist, and for any suggestions

Hi,

Is there any particular Ea you would like this on.

Best Regards

tools

ps)anyway as a very generic start added email capability to this trailing Ea don't even know if this works and hopefully if it does your email won't have an email every tick

Files:

Hi mrtools

I was not thinking of piggy backing this to an existing EA. Currently I use mainly harmonics for my Swing stuff, and manual trading for my scalping. Thus the reason I wanted something very simple and straight forward to email myself each trade detail, and then add it to my journal.

I will have a look at this trailing EA

thanks

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Mannie and welcome here,

This Ea has something similar to what you are looking for but it has a condition

tradetime=TimeCurrent-OrderOpenTime

if((tradeprofit>=target1*pt && tradetime>timeout1*60 && tradetime<timeout2*60)

So it will only close the trade if it is profitable(tradeprofit1)during the time you choose.

Posting this Ea just for reference would only reccomend using it on demo, because of right now its a loosing Ea IMHO.

Hi Mrtools,

Thank you very much. Will try with this condition......

alert needed

Hi! I need help to add alert to this indicator when the arrow spots!. Can someone help me please? thank you and nice trades for all!

Files:

simple ea req

Good morning,

unfortunately i'm not a coder/programmer so i ask you:

entry logic:

(user defined)gmt hour open candle price > or go long or short.

parameters(adjustable):

SL

TP

BE

TS

example:

H1 timeframe

GBPUSD cross

gmt3 open price > gmt7 ----> go long

Here http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=275947

a similar strategy

Thank you.

ps:English is not my language

Suggestion - Candlestick EA

Hi,

I had an idea for a simple EA but I'm not much of a coder:

Can the attached indicator be turned into an EA (or be used in conjunction with the indicator) to simply place an order with stoploss, takeprofit and trailing stop in response to any of the alerts as well as being disabled if the alert is disabled?

Apologies if has already been done but I'd like to try it and like simple stuff.

Championship 2011

Hello,

I am watching the 2011 championship very closely and the behavior of Tim's EA call my atention. This Ea comes from avoitenko EA which was 4th in 2010 championship. He made it public. How you ever tried to improve this expert based on zig zag? I personally think is really good. I am doing a forward testing with avoitenko now.

Files:

merla123:
Hello, I am watching the 2011 championship very closely and the behavior of Tim's EA call my atention. This Ea comes from avoitenko EA which was 4th in 2010 championship. He made it public. How you ever tried to improve this expert based on zig zag? I personally think is really good. I am doing a forward testing with avoitenko now.

Interesting Merla123 and Thanks for sharing, haven't worked on this Ea but there's one here Goldwarrior it uses zig zag, and have done some work on it, some good some bad, if you get a chance would you mind sharing some fwd. testing results, when they become available.

Reason: