Requests & Ideas, the beginning - page 52

jeandl:
I try to read and understand some code, one of my question is what's the difference between Extern int and Extern double? I found one write like Extern int Stoploss, the other write Extern double Stoploss.

Thanks

Jeandl

It is related to this lesson https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172987 and this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173017

int - integers.

The values of int type are integers.

This type includes values that are

integer by their nature.

Values of int type must be

within the range from

-2 147 483 648 to

2 147 483 647.

double - real numbers.

The value of double type are

real numbers that contain

a fractional part.

And you can read this ebook also https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178677

Jankruh:
Thank you

I have uploaded the ea's. They do everything I need them to do except there are no trailing stops. There is a break even ea that goes with it that I normally use. It basically functions as a trailing stop because I simply set it to the same amount of pips as my first take profit on either the long or short ea below. What happens then when I run five .1 lot sized trades is that after the first lot takes profit and closes, if the rest do not meet the amount of pips required for them to take profit, the lowest they will go is to the level of the original entry price, therefore closing at zero; breaking even.

So, I only need for a trailing stop option to be added to either the long and short ea's or just to the break even ea if possible.

I used to use Manage TPv2-4 and it worked perfectly WHEN IT WORKED. lol That was my only problem with it. It simply didn't work much of the time but when it did work, it did exactly what I needed it to do. So, if you're familiar with Manage TP then you may have a better idea of how I want the ea's below to work if my explanation wasn't clear enough. I've included an attachment of the manage tp just for reference. The OzFx trades ea's are the ones in question, however.

Thank you again

Just like to bring attention to this post again in case it was missed.

Thanks

Linear regression for support&resistance

Could some programmer write an indicator that showes really reliable S&R?

Idea:

1, Count 'n' bars back, find highs and lows;

2, Choose highs or lows that are in the range of 'm' pips (e. g, 20 pips), the number of highs or lows should be more than 'x' (e.g., 5);

3, Do linear regression with the x lows or higns and draw trendlines;

4, the number n, m and x should be changeable from input;

5, should be MTF; the numbers of lines to be drawn depend on the variables n, m and x given; old thendline should stay on the chart while time goes on and creates new lines;

6, another advanced way for counting bars for linear regression is: to draw a linear regression channel first ( as the ones we can find now on this forum based on std deviation) and then find the highs and lows along the slope of the channel;

While we can find some indicator for R&S, most of them draw hlines or trendlines based on only two points, that's not enough, not really helpful.

Thank you very much in advance for whoever would help.

thanks,

Jeandl.

Thread about s/r is this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

and it is about Linear Regression:

Regression Indicators including Linear and LSMA:

- Regression Analysis: MT4 indicators from Jan Arps tools.

- Simple Linear Regression Trading system: good system from Linuxser.

- good thread with new indicators/EAs summarized and developed: the thread is here.

- Linear Regression Indicator and channel: the thread is here.

- Linear Regression Slope indicator with standard algorithm from TradeStation: post to download;

- LRMA with colors is here;

- Swing and Linear Regression Indicators: original thread;

- some more LR indicators in forecasting and alert threads: this page, this post and this one;

- Least Squares Moving Average thread: good original thread.

- small thread with some indicators and many links: it's here.

LSMA Experts and Indicators:

- original thread is here;

- the indicators/EAs are on this page;

- some other indicators are on this post;

- indicator LSMA in Color4_Alert is on this post;

- MA in Color_wAppliedPrice EA is on this post;

- some example of the trades and setup for manual trading: starting from this page.

But I am not sure that it is exactly what you need sorry.

May be not.

I saw some mixed with asctrend or something ...

newdigital:
May be not. I saw some mixed with asctrend or something ...

Could you code it please?

I tried but I am useless, get to many errors... only because I do not know how to code. I have taken time to try to learn, but no cigar.

I turn the alarm and warning signals on and trade according to the alarm for buy or sell. On the smaller time frames there are some loss, but from 15Min/30Min and up the drawdown is not so bad, since the profit trades covers it.

Thanks

J

I am not a coder sorry.

Igorad is the author of this indicator so may be he can code.

EA for nonlagma?

Is there an EA for the nonlagma v7.1 indicator?

I only use this indicator to trade and my results are not half bad.

Anyone can code this into an EA?

Thanks

J

Files:

newdigital:
I am not a coder sorry. Igorad is the author of this indicator so may be he can code.

I thought so, but was unsure. Great work Igorad! I love this indicator, and it has given me a lot of profitable trades.

I did send Igorad a PM about 2 days ago. I think he might receive just to many and I can just imagine what time effort it would take to deal with it, the price you pay for being the best in your field.

Igorad, if you happen to read this thread, could you pls code your indi nonlagma v7.1 into an EA?

Thanks and Regards,

J

newdigital:
Thread about s/r is this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

and it is about Linear Regression:

Regression Indicators including Linear and LSMA:

- Regression Analysis: MT4 indicators from Jan Arps tools.

- Simple Linear Regression Trading system: good system from Linuxser.

- good thread with new indicators/EAs summarized and developed: the thread is here.

- Linear Regression Indicator and channel: the thread is here.

- Linear Regression Slope indicator with standard algorithm from TradeStation: post to download;

- LRMA with colors is here;

- Swing and Linear Regression Indicators: original thread;

- some more LR indicators in forecasting and alert threads: this page, this post and this one;

- Least Squares Moving Average thread: good original thread.

- small thread with some indicators and many links: it's here.

LSMA Experts and Indicators:

- original thread is here;

- the indicators/EAs are on this page;

- some other indicators are on this post;

- indicator LSMA in Color4_Alert is on this post;

- MA in Color_wAppliedPrice EA is on this post;

- some example of the trades and setup for manual trading: starting from this page.

But I am not sure that it is exactly what you need sorry.

Thank you for your links, I checked them already, not one exactly do what I want, if somebody could code a Linear Regressison for R&S based on multiple lows and highs, that will be great.

Thanks again,

Jeandl

Reason: