LSMA, Polynomial and other Regression with Experts and Indicators - page 3

I have reserved this post for future attachment of experts and indicators.

N4_TF_LSMA_BarUpper will plot the current trend on the next 4 higher timeframes above the original indicator.

On a five minute chart you can now see the 5, 15, 30 and 60 with the original and the 240, daily, weekly and monthly with the upper version.

Regression_Channel_V2 was sent to me by a friend. I modified it to add the extra standard deviation levels. I have not looked closely at the code buy it seems MAShoot helps determine the starting point for the channel.

MTF_MA_in_ColorLSMA will plat the standard MAs in color as well as LSMA.

Start at the lowest timeframe of interest and use timeframe = 0.

Add other timeframes by attaching again to the main chart window with higher timeframes.

For example if the lowest timeframe is 15 minute you can attach the indicator with timeframe = 60, 240 and 1440 to get the indicator value for hourly, 4 hr and daily.

Robert

robp:
Damiani and WAE are good, but I've only seen them reliable at TF's lower than daily. I think your NF LSMA is great. Is the plan to trade off of lower TF waves being filtered by each higher TF lsma?

That is my plan. I hope to find a way to trade the lower timeframes using the filters and the trend on higher timeframes. When I first worked on this EA(back in 2005) for lower timeframes I could not find a filter that helped. Since then these two filters have been posted and they have worked well for some of the EAs I have written for other threads here.

Robert

I really think you should look then at the wpr with theshholds of -28 and -72. See the attached H1 chart. The red arrow is where the daily lsma crossed up. If you waited until wpr also crossed up on lower tf, it signals a nice entry that can be ridden for the wpr's duration above -28 at least.

MrPip:
That is my plan. I hope to find a way to trade the lower timeframes using the filters and the trend on higher timeframes. When I first worked on this EA(back in 2005) for lower timeframes I could not find a filter that helped. Since then these two filters have been posted and they have worked well for some of the EAs I have written for other threads here. Robert
Files:
lsma_wpr.gif  10 kb

LSMA 50 on 5min GU

I like LSMA and use it in my EA as part of Woodie CCI.

I find LSMA 50 om 5Min chart is a good filter.

Let me know if I can contribute to the thread/code.

mq4rex

Robp,

I am looking at wpr, Stochastic, momentum and RSI as well as the other filters. If you have seen some of my other EAs you know I like to use switches to determine what really helps.

If you plot the LSMAs on the hourly chart you will also see where the trade would have entered on that timeframe. With the strong uptrend good profit is achieved. The problem is when the price is in a flat range for an extended period.

Another direction this EA might take is to use the direction of the LSMA instead of the cross. Plot LSMA_in_Color4 80 or 100 on the hourly chart and you will see the potential.

Robert

It really then depends on the tf you want to trade off of. My previous pic shows an hourly filtered by a daily lsma cross. If you want to go down to 30 then damiani is good. And yes, flags are always the best way to go.

Have you seen BB squeeze? It's good for shorter TFs as well to stay out of ranging markets. I've got to run, but here's a quick pic.

Are you looking to trade below M30?

MrPip:
Robp,

I am looking at wpr, Stochastic, momentum and RSI as well as the other filters. If you have seen some of my other EAs you know I like to use switches to determine what really helps.

If you plot the LSMAs on the hourly chart you will also see where the trade would have entered on that timeframe. With the strong uptrend good profit is achieved. The problem is when the price is in a flat range for an extended period.

Robert
Files:

robp,

I am also looking at BB Squeeze. I even have a version of BB based on LSMA. I talked with John Bollinger at the Forex Expo and have an open invitation to talk with him at his office. I showed him the modified BB with LSMA and he stated he has been meaning to look into using LSMA for some time but has been too busy.

Robert

Here's a better pic using M30.

Files:

Contributing to thread

mq4rex:
I like LSMA and use it in my EA as part of Woodie CCI.

I find LSMA 50 om 5Min chart is a good filter.

Let me know if I can contribute to the thread/code.

mq4rex

The code is open source and I do not mind a team approach. It saves me time in my already busy schedule when others contribute ideas in code.

I also would not mind if other programmers post that they will be willing to code ideas posted by non-coders.

If anyone makes a change you must understand that I reserve the right to change your code and post the resulting EA on the first post.

I do require that anyone modifying the EA use functions. If you have trouble with adding your function to the EA then code the function and any required variables with good comments and I will add the needed code to use whatever looks best.

That way only the best version(s) will be commonly used.

If you want to see a model of how this can be done complete with switches and prompt strings look at the attached EA. The EA will not run unless you have the needed indicators from the DIN_Kuskus thread.

Robert

Files:

MrPip - as robp mention the Bollinger Bounce - I was going to mention something I was working on called and Envelope Bounce. I think you could take your LSMA channels and make the bounce work for scalping a few pips. I've had pretty decent success with mine but still get the occasional big loser that messes it all up. If you recall I took you Trading Timeframes and modified it because I only need my EA running during dead market hours I think one alternative you should look into is a bounce strategy during say GMT (1700-500). I think you will see a pretty good strategy come out of it. Maybe even trade the bounce during flat hours and a breakout during heavy hours. I'll join in the fun. great thread. Let me know your thoughts.

Reason: