Martingale EA - page 37

lcfxtrader:
The more I think about (scary within itself) I am wanting to avoid increasing the position size. I feel certain that I would not trade this way on a live account. How about you guys?

You could test with Lot_Size_Increment set to 0.

ajk:
I cant' wait to see it. I like the idea....with a few minor tweeks I think it can be pretty good.

Talk to me about minor tweek ideas.

I was just thinking maybe to add a filter to it that is user defined. Like a stochastic, that way if you get a pop you keep going or you shoot the other direction. The ea, right now, may be buying in a middle of a move and that is probably a 50-50 proposition.

I don't think I have any more "brains" on this stuff than anyone else - just some thoughts.

Best Settings for TFXv1_1

sivach:
Hi Perky, Please post your settings as well. Thank you. Wolfe, thank you for your great work.

This is a follow up post to the question. I too have been looking for the settings for Perky's past post. I researched using the original version and found these settings to produce a similar trade pattern on EUR/USD on the Daily chart. But, I've yet to reach the results Perky found. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on which setting of TFX is the best with the best settings. Here's what I've found. Please let me know if you get the same results. This is with Interbank FX.

Please note that the dates of testing are Jan 08,2008 through Jan 30, 2008.

Thanks,

David

bluesky:
This is a follow up post to the question. I too have been looking for the settings for Perky's past post. I researched using the original version and found these settings to produce a similar trade pattern on EUR/USD on the Daily chart. But, I've yet to reach the results Perky found. Maybe someone here can enlighten me on which setting of TFX is the best with the best settings. Here's what I've found. Please let me know if you get the same results. This is with Interbank FX.

Please note that the dates of testing are Jan 08,2008 through Jan 30, 2008.

Thanks,

David

David,

If I am looking at your graph right, you made over $1,200.00! Am I reading this right? If so, not a bad test.

ajk:
I was just thinking maybe to add a filter to it that is user defined. Like a stochastic, that way if you get a pop you keep going or you shoot the other direction. The ea, right now, may be buying in a middle of a move and that is probably a 50-50 proposition. I don't think I have any more "brains" on this stuff than anyone else - just some thoughts.

Any ideas are welcome, the more "brains" working on a solution the better. Thanks for testing.

Results after 2 days of testing with TS.

Still making sure all code if functioning properly.

Files:

help

wolfe:
Results after 2 days of testing with TS. Still making sure all code if functioning properly.

Hello! what Configurations or setting are using? And TF? M30 H1 h4? please answer!.

Hi BlueSky

Hi BlueSky, I am trying to replicate your fantastic results but am having no luck at all.

I must have something wrong as I notice you only have 35 trades opened over the testing period and that is with a 10pip next step.

I have about 300 in the first week and then the account blows up.

From my limited testing I am using a next step of 30 and a slight increment with the lots with nice results.

Anyway if you could give some more info that would be great!

Hi Wolfe

Hi Wolfe, many thanks for sharing your great EA! Having spent an unhealthy amount of time with grid trading I did add a couple of things to your ea for myself but I think they are handy for testing purposes.

In the comments I like to have the lowest equity achieved recorded

double HighestEquity=0,LowestEquity=10000000;

if(AccountEquity()>HighestEquity){HighestEquity=NormalizeDouble(AccountEquity(),2);}

if(AccountEquity()<LowestEquity){LowestEquity=NormalizeDouble(AccountEquity(),2);}

This tells me if I could realistically suffer that much pain in real life.

Another handy tool is a line on the chart showing where the equity close will happen.

int deinit()

{

if(ObjectFind("BreakEven")==0){

ObjectDelete("BreakEven");

}

//----

//----

return(0);

}

double UltimateLots=0,RealPipValue,OrderProfits,PipLoss,BreakEven;

if(TotalLots>BuyLots)

{UltimateLots=TotalLots-BuyLots;

RealPipValue=UltimateLots*MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE);

OrderProfits=OpenProfit + ClosedProfit;

PipLoss=(OrderProfits-ProfitTarget)/RealPipValue;

BreakEven=(Ask + PipLoss*Point)-4*Point;}

// Spread=MarketInfo("GBPUSD",MODE_SPREAD);

// Print("Spread is ",Spread);

if (ObjectFind("BreakEven") != 0)

{

ObjectCreate("BreakEven", OBJ_HLINE, 0, Time[0], BreakEven);

ObjectSet("BreakEven", OBJPROP_COLOR, Gold);

ObjectSet("BreakEven", OBJPROP_WIDTH, 2);

}

else

{

ObjectMove("BreakEven", 0, Time[0], BreakEven);

}

Keep up the good work! (all this coding I have borrowed and is not mine)

Reason: