Martingale EA - page 32

Was trying to think of some ideas that might make this EA a more profitable strategy.

What if there was some kind of self-adjusting Next_Trade value that changes according to the situation you are in? Not quite sure about this yet. Something that has to do with how many longs you currently have compared to how many shorts. Just a thought.

Another thing I see here is this: Most of the testing going on has been based on having a relatively small TP. So, for instance, if we have a large spike in our favor, the EA is not maximizing on the situation. Instead of continuing to pile-on when we are in profit, we are settling for a relatively small TP. I think that once a certain positive profit level has been achieved, we need to implement some kind of an internal trailing stop. Maybe something like, once a certain profit level is reached, the EA will not let it lose a certain percentage of that profit. Every time a new "high" is reached(every tick higher in our favor), only a certain percentage of that profit will be allowed to be lost before our close all.

We're letting this EA dig itself deep in a hole with our large SL settings, but not allowing it to climb a mountain when things are going in our favor.

What are some of your thoughts?

-Wolfe

features request

Hi Wolfe

very good Ea ...you're cool!

I try to suggest you some new features:

1) Step Stop and Trailing stop support

2) Entry/exit long/short depending the inclination of the MA

* news trading *

3) Optional start/end time (hour/min) for news trade

and offset time for start trade (minutes before news time)

4) Step Stop (or ts) activation Offset time (minutes after news time)

5) OCO option: Ea examine last candle (30m-d1) and

set 2 orders (up max and under min);

Only one order start (other will be cancelled).

thanks

derekz:
Hi Wolfe

very good Ea ...you're cool!

I try to suggest you some new features:

1) Step Stop and Trailing stop support

2) Entry/exit long/short depending the inclination of the MA

* news trading *

3) Optional start/end time (hour/min) for news trade

and offset time for start trade (minutes before news time)

4) Step Stop (or ts) activation Offset time (minutes after news time)

5) OCO option: Ea examine last candle (30m-d1) and

set 2 orders (up max and under min);

Only one order start (other will be cancelled).

thanks

Thanks derekz.

I will consider your ideas. I think that the implementation of a trailing stop based on total order profit would be a good idea for this EA. That's an idea I've had for some time, and will probably work on that next.

Does anyone else have any ideas strategy wise that might benefit this EA?

Those who are testing, how is it going?

-wolfe

Hi wolfe,

I see u r having a good job here. I will make some tests at this point of EA.

I see one useful thing is besides - DoubleLotSize : true or false, maybe a DoubleLotSize: (you can put the multiply number like 2, 1.6, 3).

Another thing i see in a EA at this kind, and works very well, was enter a position using Stoch. Maybe u know the ea from Azam 575.

Regards,

martingale????

wow

mine "-)

ooopsieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this is north finance forward demo test

Hi Perky, Please post your settings as well. Thank you.

Wolfe, thank you for your great work.

Perky:
ooopsieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is north finance forward demo test

Anyone having any bug issues with latest version?

How did testing end up this week?

No problems running the EA. I lost internet connection for a few days earlier in the week. Settings are with $10 TP & 50 pip next trade.

Reason: