Martingale EA - page 15

Neo:
Has version 1.3 been posted somewhere and I've overlooked it?

Not posted yet. I'm going to test for 3 - 4 hours with live market before posting. I will post tonight.

v1_3

Here is v1_3.

This version should hopefully prove to be more stable.

v1_3 MUST have TFX_Include_v1_2.mqh saved to your include folder to operate.

v1_3 also uses stdlib.mqh which should already be in your libraries folder.

I have only let this run live for about 3 hours. So far I haven't had any problems. It will take much longer testing to work out any potential bugs in the code.

One thing I noticed is that if a bar runs away VERY fast, your next trade will probably not get hit where you set Next_Trade to activate. This may be a limitation in mq4. The only way around this that I can think of is setting pending orders. I never liked pending orders because they let the broker know exactly what you're up to. Next_Trade is coded to activate at >= or <= your pip parameter.

Please make sure to read ALL external variable comments in the code.

If you want to see the stored Global Variable info for the last order placed press f3, or go to tools/Global Variables.

Happy testing.

Files:

wolfe,

nice touch in the upper left...I wanted to report I loaded the EA effortlessly and all seems to be functioning in the early minutes..

This EA is a class act and running like a swiss watch! (so far )

I will be providing a "log in" to the Demo on the very hard USD/JPY in my Blog as soon as I can discover this is well running enough.

ES

wolfe:
Here is v1_3.

This version should hopefully prove to be more stable.

v1_3 MUST have TFX_Include_v1_2.mqh saved to your include folder to operate.

v1_3 also uses stdlib.mqh which should already be in your libraries folder.

I have only let this run live for about 3 hours. So far I haven't had any problems. It will take much longer testing to work out any potential bugs in the code.

One thing I noticed is that if a bar runs away VERY fast, your next trade will probably not get hit where you set Next_Trade to activate. This may be a limitation in mq4. The only way around this that I can think of is setting pending orders. I never liked pending orders because they let the broker know exactly what you're up to. Next_Trade is coded to activate at >= or <= your pip parameter.

Please make sure to read ALL external variable comments in the code.

If you want to see the stored Global Variable info for the last order placed press f3, or go to tools/Global Variables.

Happy testing.

ElectricSavant:
wolfe,

nice touch in the upper left...I wanted to report I loaded the EA effortlessly and all seems to be functioning in the early minutes..

This EA is a class act and running like a swiss watch! (so far )

I will be providing a "log in" to the Demo on the very hard USD/JPY in my Blog as soon as I can discover this is well running enough.

ES

Upper left courtesy of omelette. I liked what he did.

Lets hope all is well with TFX!

wolfe:
.....One thing I noticed is that if a bar runs away VERY fast, your next trade will probably not get hit where you set Next_Trade to activate. This may be a limitation in mq4. The only way around this that I can think of is setting pending orders. I never liked pending orders because they let the broker know exactly what you're up to.....

You could set the 'Slippage' parameter in Ordersend to a bigger value, or try successively increasing it after each failure until you are 'successful' - not a recommendation though.....

omelette:
You could set the 'Slippage' parameter in Ordersend to a bigger value, or try successively increasing it after each failure until you are 'successful' - not a recommendation though.....

That's a thought. Why not a recommendation? Because your slippage would be out of control?

wolfe:
That's a thought. Why not a recommendation? Because your slippage would be out of control?

Because widening the spread is often one of the brokers little games designed to lose you money. It couldn't hurt to try out on a demo though.

wolfe,

So far so good...

A cosmetic little picky thing...to make this EA more aesthetic.

CloseByLoss should not require a minus sign...you should be able to code the value entered in the input to ALWAYS be a negative and do not even allow the minus sign character to be entered there.

As you know...If the user does not put the minus sign there and he is using CloseByLoss (not percent) then he will get the trades opening and closing immediatley.

Now I could be weird about this and many users may not find this change necessary and may not agree.

ES

P.S. wolfe, I also agree with you about using market orders...The dealer has no way to know what this EA is doing the way you coded this...

P.P.S. by the way.... wolfe, LCFX and omelette Thank You for this EA. This is just awesome how everybody worked on this public EA together.

Stay tuned in my Blog for TFX trading...

ES

Wolfe,

It looks like the last trade progression for the EUR/USD is incorrect. Please see pic and advise. Thanks for the updated EA.

LCFX

Files:

LCFX,

check your magic numbers...are they different?

ES

Reason: