Martingale EA - page 33

lcfxtrader:
No problems running the EA. I lost internet connection for a few days earlier in the week. Settings are with $10 TP & 50 pip next trade.

Thanks for the update Icfx.

The idea you sent me 3 weeks ago has created quite a thread.

Thanks Lcfx for the data...

ES

lcfxtrader:
No problems running the EA. I lost internet connection for a few days earlier in the week. Settings are with $10 TP & 50 pip next trade.

Variation

Woking on a variation to TFX.

Same basic principal, but with a few twists.

Unlike TFX, this new test (currently called Phantom) treats long and short orders separately, except for the close all crash at the end of a cycle.

So, what happens is a long or short is started according to a moving average (based on a 1min. time frame), If long your Next_Trade will only fire a long if you are > than your last long. If the moving average changes to show a short entry, a short is placed, and will only fire a short if you are < your last short. The long and short trade cycles operate independently from one another, except for when a close all situation is met.

Due to market being currently closed I have included a back test to illustrate this concept. Not by any means done tweaking this idea, but have a look at the report, and give any feedback.

Files:
phantom_4r.gif  11 kb
phantom_4r.htm  324 kb

Can the account history in MT4 be imported into Excel? I just want go through and verify all the closed profit amounts are correct.

Brilliant!

I suppose in the input area there could be a dropdown box for other indicator choices to be added at a later time...wolfe we will keep you busy!

The point being actually is to keep it "open architecture" in this new generation of wolfe EA's.... SMMEA..."Super Modified Martingale EA".

ES

wolfe:
Woking on a variation to TFX.

Same basic principal, but with a few twists.

Unlike TFX, this new test (currently called Phantom) treats long and short orders separately, except for the close all crash at the end of a cycle.

So, what happens is a long or short is started according to a moving average (based on a 1min. time frame), If long your Next_Trade will only fire a long if you are > than your last long. If the moving average changes to show a short entry, a short is placed, and will only fire a short if you are < your last short. The long and short trade cycles operate independently from one another, except for when a close all situation is met.

Due to market being currently closed I have included a back test to illustrate this concept. Not by any means done tweaking this idea, but have a look at the report, and give any feedback.

Lcfx,

I noticed your GBP/CHF lost $498.70 on it's SL exit of $500.00 on 02/01/08.

So you are risking 10% of your initial equity to make 10 bucks....on eight pair trading concurrently that may be moving together with USD exposure. (AUD/USD, EUR/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/CHF, GBP/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY)

The 50 pip nextrade was an interesting choice to be used on all of those pair with differing ranges.

I will be curious to see how your basket performs over 30 more days, hopefully without any internet connection interruptions.

Thank you again for the data, Lcfx.

ES

P.S. Have you concluded that the GBP/CHF needs to have a wider NextTrade or to be eliminated completley from the basket? Or do you attribute the SL to it being NFP day?

lcfxtrader:

ElectricSavant:
Brilliant!

I suppose in the input area there could be a dropdown box for other indicator choices to be added at a later time...wolfe we will keep you busy!

The point being actually is to keep it "open architecture" in this new generation of wolfe EA's.... SMMEA..."Super Modified Martingale EA".

ES

Thanks ES.

I'm working on adding an internal trailing stop option, based on the highest positive open orders balance. I think we need a way to "let it ride" when we're in positive territory, instead of just settling with small take profit levels.

lcfxtrader:
Can the account history in MT4 be imported into Excel? I just want go through and verify all the closed profit amounts are correct.

I've heard of people doing this. I've never tried it, nor do I know how to do it.

Sorry!

Wolfe,

Let me know when you are up to the task on the correlation grid ea.

LCFX

The programming can be challenging to allow in a martingale. -- I have not reviewed this ea yet... are your orders are individually closed? if so, it is doable.

Reason: