Martingale EA - page 36

The request would be a major rewrite as the condition would need to only click in after the 10 pips and a true statement...hmm ... That we would be a tough to program at least in my world. . I think just getting in a TS that works from peak profit is a grail itself. I think one could easily add a b/s condition to get initial direction. --- what that condition is always open for debate.

if (Ask >= LastOpen+Next_Trade*Point)

{

while (!IsTradeAllowed() || IsTradeContextBusy() || !IsConnected() || =LastLots+Lot_Size_Increment;

}

ajk:
The request would be a major rewrite as the condition would need to only click in after the 10 pips and a true statement...hmm ... That we would be a tough to program at least in my world. . I think just getting in a TS that works from peak profit is a grail itself. I think one could easily add a b/s condition to get initial direction. --- what that condition is always open for debate.

if (Ask >= LastOpen+Next_Trade*Point)

{

while (!IsTradeAllowed() || IsTradeContextBusy() || !IsConnected() || =LastLots+Lot_Size_Increment;

}

I agree. I have coded a TS based on total order profit. I am currently testing it before posting. I think it is a improvement, and it shows good promise.

I am somewhat excited to see what this does. It will be intersting to see

what it does with random trade direction. martingales-- always give a lot and blow out at some point

- trades going the positive direction hopefully will offset some of those... s/b interesting.

ajk:
I am somewhat excited to see what this does. It will be intersting to see what it does with random trade direction.

What I am testing is a small variation to the original TFX idea that started this thread.

Unlike TFX, this new version (currently called PH4) treats long and short order cyclesseparately, except for the close all crash at the end based on total order profit.

So, what happens is a long or short is started according to a moving average(that's all that's coded now for initial entry). If you start long, your Next_Trade will only fire another long if you are greater than your last long. If the moving average changes to show a short entry, a short is placed, and your Next_Trade will only fire another short if you are less than your last short. The long and short trade cycles operate independently from one another, except for when a close all situation is met.

If you select to use a TS:

You enter a Trail_Start (amount of total profit you want the TS to start)

You enter a TSLoss_Percent (percentage of your highest reached total profit allowed to lose before all orders are closed)

Every time a new highest profit amount is reached, your TSLoss_Percent will be based on that new highest profit amount.

Running a forward test on the four majors now.

This is exciting...I'm in...there will always be a move eventually to reach a reasonable TP.

I could imagine the EUR/JPY will do very well with the new TFX

ES

wolfe:
What I am testing is a small variation to the original TFX idea that started this thread.

Unlike TFX, this new version (currently called PH4) treats long and short order cyclesseparately, except for the close all crash at the end based on total order profit.

So, what happens is a long or short is started according to a moving average(that's all that's coded now for initial entry). If you start long, your Next_Trade will only fire another long if you are greater than your last long. If the moving average changes to show a short entry, a short is placed, and your Next_Trade will only fire another short if you are less than your last short. The long and short trade cycles operate independently from one another, except for when a close all situation is met.

You enter a TSLoss_Percent (percentage of your highest reached total profit allowed to lose before all orders are closed)

Every time a new highest profit amount is reached, your TSLoss_Percent will be based on that new highest profit amount.

wolfe:
Sounds like some interesting possibilities. Not sure I follow exactly what you mean, but I think I get most of it. Thanks for sharing and contributing.

my mean exactly is that the next order must enter (if the first order is buy)only after a certain signal for sell. not after a certain pip points .

you do this . i promise that this system will never loose at all.

I not understand the strategy of this ea.

If think the mission of this ea is amplify the gain when

we go in the right direction.

IF I choose to go LONG is dangerous to choose SHORT order (in this

case a good option is to choose BUY or SELL order only)

example of my strategy ...correct me if i wrong:

(In this case I think that the chart go long for next days)

next order pips (GRID): 1000

* chart value 100.00

Open order A SL=90(100-GRID)

* chart value 110.00

Open order B SL= 100 (110-grid) (order A)

Modifica ordine A: SL= 100 (in pari)

* chart value 120.00

Open order C SL= 110 (order B)

Modify order B: SL= 110

Modify order A: SL= 110 (order B)

* chart value 130.00

Open order D SL= 120 (order C)

Modify order C: SL= 120

Modify order B: SL= 120 (order C)

SL factor can be egual to GRID or different (x2 x3 ...)

this type of strategy can be user for fast trades on breakouts or panic sell/buy situation or can be used on daily strategy (big grid).

some like this?

This is forward test results for the method I previously described below. Test is for only 1 Day. Interesting.

wolfe:

This is being run on the 4 majors, each with a Next_Trade of 20, and using a TS with a 50% TSLoss_Percent value.

Have a look.

Files:
ph41_1.htm  45 kb

The more I think about (scary within itself) I am wanting to avoid increasing the position size. I feel certain that I would not trade this way on a live account. How about you guys?

I cant' wait to see it. I like the idea....with a few minor tweeks I think it can be pretty good.

Reason: