Better has really good EA and is winning the championship

Participants - Automated Trading Championship 2007

Profile Better - Automated Trading Championship 2007

What is NN ?

Where are the NN threads in this forum?

Can anyone here make this EA

El cid

Hi

we can make the E A provided people are willing to post certain codes for my coders .

It is not a problem.Do not send $50 for development of this EA.Just add to the following rules and I will hire a professional coder for the EA.

1)If the price is the price is higher than the last day's close by a %ATR buy , but if the price is lower than the last day's close by % atr by but if it is lower than the last day'sclose by %ATR sell

2) If the price is the price is higher than the last four hour close by a %ATR buy , but if the price is lower than the last four hour close by % atr by but if it is lower than the last 4 hour close by %ATR sell

3)Do not open trades between the following hours if the price action is as follows between news time ie 9 am to 10 am CET and 13 hours and 14 hours CET

4)If there is inside bar on x and y time frame after a % of ATR move buy or sell counter trend if the time period of x hours has not seen a lower low or a higher high

5)If after a move the price fails to go past the previous low or previous high buy or sell , but if it goes past the previous low or high by % of atr sell or buy

Please add to this coding and quote and change number to 6,7,8,9,10 etc

Thanks

El cid

Oilfxpro Nn

Hi folks

Here is something to make you think.

Which entries do I take from the chart?

Which entries do I avoid?

Do I need another indicator?

What else do I need to do?

Files:
scalper.jpg  378 kb

El Cid,

I don't understand what you want to try to achieve:

- to replicate Better's EA ?

- to do your own NN EA?

- to do something completely different

For the moment I guess it is the last one because from the third post there is no link to NN anymore.

What we know from Better's EA is that inputs are based on Moving Averages and that it uses a Probabilistic Neural Network. And that's it.

I think that there is no point to try to replicate the EA because it will be anyway impossible as it needs to be trained the same way.

If you want to do your own or a Forex TSD NN EA , that is much more interesting because the only thing that exists currently is just a Perceptron that was taken from the metaquotes site and I think nobody has bring it further as far as I know.

To use a Probabilistic NN would be very interesting.

But then you cannot put rules such as if .. then

You need to define your inputs (moving averages or something else like OHLC...) outputs (for instance probability for a Buy / Sell) the data you request for the learning process, the data for the testing process and to have a PNN software that you can train and from which you can "import" the training results in an EA.

I guess that at the beginning the first issue to tackle is to find or program a PNN software.

NN used:

rodragon писал(а):

what kind of NN are you using? Multilayer Perceptron?

No, I'm using a probabilistic neural network.

Better

Profile Better - Automated Trading Championship 2007

311: Neural Networks

jlpi:
El Cid,

If you want to do your own or a Forex TSD NN EA , that is much more interesting because the only thing that exists currently is just a Perceptron that was taken from the metaquotes site and I think nobody has bring it further as far as I know.

To use a Probabilistic NN would be very interesting.

But then you cannot put rules such as if .. then

You need to define your inputs (moving averages or something else like OHLC...) outputs (for instance probability for a Buy / Sell) the data you request for the learning process, the data for the testing process and to have a PNN software that you can train and from which you can "import" the training results in an EA.

I guess that at the beginning the first issue to tackle is to find or program a PNN software.

Can these rules not work in an EA and combine them with indicators?.

Ideally you ask your ea to look for maybe 50 different conditions to be valid for an entry and let trade management take care of the exits

El Cid

El Cid

Neural Network:

- good public discussion thread in analytics section.

- some NN files are here.

Others:

1. Indicators and systems development:

1.1. Self-trained MA cross!: development thread for new generation of the indicators;

1.2. Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm: development thread.

1.3. Genetic Algorithm: elite section development thread.

2. EAs:

2.1. CyberiaTrader: big public thread and elite section thread.

2.2. GSelector:

- Self learning expert: good pubic thread;

- thread about trades is here;

- elite section thread is here.

2.3 AI EA is on this thread and this one.

2.4. Forex_NN_Expert EA and indicator: original thread.

el cid:
Can these rules not work in an EA and combine them with indicators?.

Ideally you ask your ea to look for maybe 50 different conditions to be valid for an entry and let trade management take care of the exits

El Cid

El Cid

You can combine in an EA both a NN and classical indicators but what is the point as long as you dont have the NN part.

in my opinion the NN part needs to be tested and evaluated separately not mixed with a bunch of indicators.

jlpi:
You can combine in an EA both a NN and classical indicators but what is the point as long as you dont have the NN part. in my opinion the NN part needs to be tested and evaluated separately not mixed with a bunch of indicators.

So can you make an EA to tests NN rules?

or do you need to make a special program?

and who is going to contribute to the rules /codes of the program?

Anyd who is going to do programming for a free sharing NN EA?

El

el cid:
So can you make an EA to tests NN rules?

or do you need to make a special program?

and who is going to contribute to the rules /codes of the program?

Anyd who is going to do programming for a free sharing NN EA?

El

You can either put the result of the learning process of the NN in an EA or in a dll that will be called by the EA, depending on the complexity of the NN.

But you need a special program for the learning process.

Depending on the type of NN (there are pretty many different types) you can find free or costly softwares on the Net.

So before asking for an EA, you need to define what type of NN you want, then find a software on the Net that will fit your needs, including for instance the option to call a dll for using the NN.

Reason: