Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members ** - page 32

I have open account with 500000 usd , why I read

"insufficent money to safety trade this pair !! "

wall03:
I have open account with 500000 usd , why I read "insufficent money to safety trade this pair !! "

Please, read from this post.ND explained everything.

what is the disadvantages of disable "UseAutomaticMM" ?

Yes, I got the same message.

I saw the code and it came from the following:

if (Lots<MinLots*4){TStatus="Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!";} [/CODE] [CODE]MinLots=NormalizeDouble(MarketInfo(Symbol(),23),2);

As I undersand it is the following:

If our lot size is below minimum lot size multiply by 4 (broker's allowed minimum lot size for this pair) so we will get the message "Insufficient money to safety trade this pair !!!"

23 is Minimum permitted amount of a lot.

2 is Precision format, number of digits after decimal point (0-8).

amerz:
what is the disadvantages of disable "UseAutomaticMM" ?

You don't have the MM coded into the EA. But this is subjetive. IMHO you could disable and still being safe.

Bad Candles RE post 287 p 29

It may be that the Bad Candle problem encountered was caused by a few bad ticks. If that's the case, it can be mitigated by filtering the ticks before sending the close order. However, bad candles can cause problems with stoploss and takeprofit orders too.

I have experienced bad candles with my broker (MBT) also. It seems that Electra, and many other EA's are sensitive to these, so I would like a way to filter them. Using the MBT Navigator (MBT proprietary software) , one can filter each tick to (mostly) avoid the problem. MBT is now offering MT4 in beta, and it will be much easier to use, so I'm trying to learn to use MT4. I can see that one could also filter ticks using MT4, if he used separate trades, e.g. send the stoplimit and takeprofit trades only after filtering ticks. This means that these trades are kept on the terminal, and not pending at the broker; hence if the terminal crashes, one might be unprotected until the terminal can be rebooted...not nice if you are trying to set up an unattended robot. So here are my questions:

Is there a way to use MT4 to filter ticks to avoid the bad candle problem and still send the SL and TP to the broker? Seems impossible, but I don't like to assume anything.

Are there brokers that offer filtered ticks?

If this is the wrong thread for these questions, please redirect me.

Fralo:
It may be that the Bad Candle problem encountered was caused by a few bad ticks. If that's the case, it can be mitigated by filtering the ticks before sending the close order. However, bad candles can cause problems with stoploss and takeprofit orders too.

I have experienced bad candles with my broker (MBT) also. It seems that Electra, and many other EA's are sensitive to these, so I would like a way to filter them. Using the MBT Navigator (MBT proprietary software) , one can filter each tick to (mostly) avoid the problem. MBT is now offering MT4 in beta, and it will be much easier to use, so I'm trying to learn to use MT4. I can see that one could also filter ticks using MT4, if he used separate trades, e.g. send the stoplimit and takeprofit trades only after filtering ticks. This means that these trades are kept on the terminal, and not pending at the broker; hence if the terminal crashes, one might be unprotected until the terminal can be rebooted...not nice if you are trying to set up an unattended robot. So here are my questions:

Is there a way to use MT4 to filter ticks to avoid the bad candle problem and still send the SL and TP to the broker? Seems impossible, but I don't like to assume anything.

Are there brokers that offer filtered ticks?

If this is the wrong thread for these questions, please redirect me.

I don't know about a method to filter but seems almost impossible to implement.

However if the candle is unreal you always can get a phone call to your broker to claim your money back and if the broker is serious you will not have any problems.

Exit Strategy for Electra

Project,

Firstly... honor to you for writing such a nice EA. It has given me some great pips!

Second. I have a question regarding its exit strategy. I saw one day that I was up on one pair and then the next on the same pair I was seriously underwater.

I was curious as to what the exit strategy or take profit strategy is for this EA as it seemed to me that it missed a good opportunity there.

Regards

C

May be same with Alpha https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178132/page51 ... I do not know sorry.

I have an idea how to improve Electra and Alpha and waiting for Igorad for that. Because you know ... when market is reversed so we will lose many pips so it is idea for EA to estimate the market condition first (using Ichimoku indicator for example) and when trade only.

Thanks newdigital... reading that link now.

C

Reason: