MACD indicator - page 60

Mladen...there might be a bug...can't get rid of signal line...when I am changing time frames, it appears again...also...can this indicator get smother?...Thanks

mladen:
Try out this version : it has an option to color either macd line or signal line depending on the slope of the line. Here is a comparison when signal line is colored (upper) or macd line is colored (lower)

Pava

Set the period of the signal line to 1. It should solve your problem (since you are going to get exactly the same value as the underplaying macd) Like this :

Pava:
Mladen...there might be a bug...can't get rid of signal line...when I am changing time frames, it appears again...also...can this indicator get smother?...Thanks
Files:
macd.gif  37 kb

Great...Thanks

mladen:
Pava

Set the period of the signal line to 1. It should solve your problem (since you are going to get exactly the same value as the underplaying macd) Like this :

engula:
hi all,

i've searched several threads looking for an indi that shows the linear regression of a MACD, but couldn't find anything.

if it's not too complicated to be coded, may i ask the master coders for a big favor? if successful, i'll be glad to show here how that can be used with the help of a picture.

many thanks in advance!

may i ask mrtools or mladen to have a look at this request of mine and possibly implement the combination of the 2 indis?

many thanks as always!

engula:
may i ask mrtools or mladen to have a look at this request of mine and possibly implement the combination of the 2 indis? many thanks as always!

Engula, looking for more information, any chance you have more because i'm not finding anything., except linear regression slope and macd's made out of linear regression.

Hi Mr Tools

please can you have a quick look at this indi and see if there is something wrong with the code somewhere

i cobbled it together from the Macd Histo with text you made and the Macd crossover alert indi

originally i was trying to add text alert to the normal Macd crossover alert, but kept on getting an error on the arrows

so left the arrow code off and kept the text alert - which generally works quite well

but for some reason, sometimes it wont update and stays on sell, even though the histo you made will say buy and visa versa

same on a couple of different MT4s

im not sure if MT4 wants reloading or if there is a small bug in the code that i added

thanks alot

macd_crossover_-_text_alert.mq4

WR1

Hope you don't mind that I am aanswering instead of mrtools. Try out this one. It should work OK

WR1:
Hi Mr Tools

please can you have a quick look at this indi and see if there is something wrong with the code somewhere

i cobbled it together from the Macd Histo with text you made and the Macd crossover alert indi

originally i was trying to add text alert to the normal Macd crossover alert, but kept on getting an error on the arrows

so left the arrow code off and kept the text alert - which generally works quite well

but for some reason, sometimes it wont update and stays on sell, even though the histo you made will say buy and visa versa

same on a couple of different MT4s

im not sure if MT4 wants reloading or if there is a small bug in the code that i added

thanks alot

macd_crossover_-_text_alert.mq4

Hi Mladen

thanks very much, ill give it a go

its actually been quite useful for keeping one on the right side of the trade, sure it repaints abit esp on the smaller time frames, but what does n't these days, it just occasionally got stuck on sell while the market is breaking out!

much appreciated as always

hopefully yourself and Mr Tools are going to take a nice break at christmas,

us minions will have to manage without your great help

don't know how you both manage so much, possibly you both either have two brains, or are robots sent from the future to help those not so fortunate

Many thanks to you both, and Merry Christmas

mrtools:
Engula, looking for more information, any chance you have more because i'm not finding anything., except linear regression slope and macd's made out of linear regression.

hi mrtools, thanks for your reply. i'm going to try to find out additional info over the next days and come back asap. hope we'll be able then to build the right combined indi. talk to you soon and happy holidays to everybody...!

Ask Mr. mladen to update MACDline.mq4

Dear Mr. mladen

Please do me a favor to update MACDline.mq4, I pasted a style pic by use of another indicator to

show request, so please add horizontal price display into MACDline.

1, add horizontal line for current macdline's value, display current value on right at same time

2, can choose horizontal line style, color and ture or false for display or not

3, if possible, add nrp change color for original MACDline.mq4

4, it would be best to update MTF version finally

Thank you very much in advance.

BRs

Thomas c

Files:
macdline.mq4  3 kb
macdline.jpg  176 kb
Reason: