Trading simulators! - page 3

Manual Backtester Error

Same problem for me, I checked the "Journal" Tab in the strategy tester and it shows a ObjectSetText Error#4202 warning, maybe there is something in the code related with unassigned text properties. I Will try to find out if that is the problem.

pinedajp:
Same problem for me, I checked the "Journal" Tab in the strategy tester and it shows a ObjectSetText Error#4202 warning, maybe there is something in the code related with unassigned text properties. I Will try to find out if that is the problem.

ERR_OBJECT_DOES_NOT_EXIST 4202 Object does not exist.

http://docs.mql4.com/runtime/errors

Linuxser:
ERR_OBJECT_DOES_NOT_EXIST 4202 Object does not exist. http://docs.mql4.com/runtime/errors

I had this problem. You should save template name exact as mantioned in the article: vHandsTrade.tpl

I did it and no errors now.

But I got the other problem: I can not modify stop loss and take profit. It was written in the article that it should be some "modification lines" and I should move those lines on the value on the chart (by mouse) I need. Is it simple stop loss/take profit lines on the chart? It is not modified ... May be some other line?

Everything is ok.

Only I do not know how to modify the orders. In Russian version of the article it is not understandable. Will read translation now.

Files:
tester.gif  40 kb
tester1.gif  37 kb
tester2.gif  25 kb

Well.

I found how to modify the orders!

Pless 'Pause' during the testing, move some figures in vTerminal indicator. For example if we want to modify stop loss and take profit so move take profit and stop loss figures in vTerminal separate window (see image). Just move a little. Than press F12 to get next tick and we will see modification lines in yellow colow and then we may move the lines.

Everything works now.

Will try to backtest Braintrading system tomorrow for at least 1 year.

Files:
tester3.gif  24 kb

Files:
fix.gif  46 kb

I translated this EA's comments to the English. So we will see all comments in English language only.

This tester works!

Files:
tester5.gif  28 kb
statement_3.htm  20 kb
statement.gif  6 kb
vhandstrade.mq4  52 kb

Great!!!

Hi guys!

Very much appreciated! Thanks to you I can finally try some systems and see how indicators react 'in real time', instead of having to look at charts and wonder if they repaint the past or not!

It's the end of January but I'm as excited like it's Christmas again already!!!

Q:

I have figured out how all works, but struggling how to just *close* an order? Or is it only possible to use stop losses and/or t/p's?

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Vince

Reason: