MACD indicator - page 65

MACD Histo

Try this winner246

macd_histo.mq4

Files:
macd_12.gif  22 kb

Another MACD histo for winner246

Hi winner246

I am attaching my favorite version of the MACD OsMA. When the MACD is rising the histogram bar is blue (or green or whatever color you want) and when the MACD is declining the bar is pink (or red or whatever you want). When the MACD is rising or flat and above zero and histogram is getting smaller the bar is yellow (or whatever you want) and when the MACD is declining or flat and below zero and the histogram is getting smaller, again the bar is yellow (or whatever you want). I find this gives info about both momentum and trend and possible declines and changes of direction. It also has a histogram multiplier for better clarity.

Good luck,

gcg

macd_osma_v3.2.mq4

Files:

Macd histo

Hello cja and gcgman,

thank you very much for your kind contribution

metastock code ?

Dear Mladen;

MACD colored + dema.mq4 indicator properties

Fast EMA:

Slow EMA

Signal EMA:

Price Type:

Show Histo:

Show OSMA:

MACD Type:

What is the MetaStock code for these features?

could you please write the metastock code?

Files:

katastrof78

the first 4 parameters are standard for every MACD (except in metastock you specify price, not price type). As of the rest, they are custom to that indicator and I am not aware that there is a MetaStock equvalent (especially when it comes to how the values are actually drawn (drawing style specified from code) since metastock treats that quite differently than metatrader, tradestation and some others for example)

katastrof78:
Dear Mladen;

MACD colored + dema.mq4 indicator properties

Fast EMA:

Slow EMA

Signal EMA:

Price Type:

Show Histo:

Show OSMA:

MACD Type:

What is the MetaStock code for these features?

could you please write the metastock code?

Mt 4 macd histogram set at ( 1 - 20 - 1 ) making higher highs

HELLO MLADEN, CJA, GCGMAN,

I think this picture should point out what i was trying to explain ;

(1) Use ONLY MT 4 MACD

(2) the signal line MUST always be set to 1 e.g MACD 1 - 20 - 1 or MACD 12 - 26 - 1, etc

(3) a particular UPTREND BEGINS once MACD HISTO crosses ABOVE the 0 line, and this particular uptrend ENDS once MACD HISTO cross BELOW the 0 line

(4) once MACD histo crosses ABOVE the 0 line, the FIRST HISTO BAR ABOVE the 0 line would always the 1st GREEN COLOR SIGNAL BAR of any uptrend

(5) the 2nd GREEN BAR must SLOPE UPWARD and it must be of HIGHER HEIGHT THAN the 1st green bar

(6) the 3rd GREEN BAR must SLOPE UP WARD and it must be of HIGHER HEIGHT THAN the 1st and 2nd green bars

(7) this rule will continue to serve as basis for the subsequent green bars UNTIL the MACD Histo reverses BELOW the 0 line which marks the END of that particular uptrend ( and also marks the beginning of a Downtrend )

The attached chart is a GBP/JPY ON 1 HR from late JAN 9th ,into JAN 10th and early hours of JAN11th

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND CONTRIBUTIONS.

Please , answer to my post , thanks in advance

Riksha

There is much simpler way : take FX5s macd divergence indicator and simply replace a call to iMACD() wit a call to a MACD All Averages. That way you have FX5 divergence coding and it will use values from the indicator you like

Riksha:
Mladen , could you add a feature of divergence / convergence indicator Macd All Averages 004?

Mladen , thanks for the quick response , but I do not understand the programming. Сould you do this? Wish you a Happy New Year to the old .

Riksha

Here you go : FX5 diveregence indicator made to use MACD all averages (the one attached to this post too) instead of regular MACD. For types of everages used in MACD AllAverages here is a list from the source code

MA_Method= 0: SMA - Simple Moving Average

MA_Method= 1: EMA - Exponential Moving Average

MA_Method= 2: Wilder - Wilder Exponential Moving Average

MA_Method= 3: LWMA - Linear Weighted Moving Average

MA_Method= 4: SineWMA - Sine Weighted Moving Average

MA_Method= 5: TriMA - Triangular Moving Average

MA_Method= 6: LSMA - Least Square Moving Average (or EPMA, Linear Regression Line)

MA_Method= 7: SMMA - Smoothed Moving Average

MA_Method= 8: HMA - Hull Moving Average by Alan Hull

MA_Method= 9: ZeroLagEMA - Zero-Lag Exponential Moving Average

MA_Method=10: DEMA - Double Exponential Moving Average by Patrick Mulloy

MA_Method=11: T3 - T3 by T.Tillson

MA_Method=12: ITrend - Instantaneous Trendline by J.Ehlers

MA_Method=13: Median - Moving Median

MA_Method=14: GeoMean - Geometric Mean

MA_Method=15: REMA - Regularized EMA by Chris Satchwell

MA_Method=16: ILRS - Integral of Linear Regression Slope

MA_Method=17: IE/2 - Combination of LSMA and ILRS

MA_Method=18: TriMAgen - Triangular Moving Average generalized by J.Ehlers

MA_Method=19: VWMA - Volume Weighted Moving Average

Riksha:
Mladen , thanks for the quick response , but I do not understand the programming. Сould you do this? Wish you a Happy New Year to the old .
Reason: