MACD indicator - page 72

Hi

I wonder if someone could give me some advice on a problem with all the Macd / OSMA indis

after trying to narrow down a simpler way to trade longs, like alot of people, i have gone for the Macd / OSMA

but after trying out tons, it seems most have a problem and all are about 50% of the time 1 bar late, or are faked out if the settings are changed to fast, and then useless for consistency,

this i'm sure most have found out and is an old problem

So the possible solution i thought of involves limiting when the last bars crossing back up can trigger back to green

on the 2nd and 4th OSMA in the pic, ive tried to show the idea similar to overbought / oversold levels and where a narrow range can be controlled to only let the OSMA trigger back to green when in the narrow range, ie between +0 and the adjustable line level just below

just wondering if it can be actually be done as its well past my coding knowledge

or if there is another better possible solution for only allowing the very last

2 or 3 green bars when the OSMA is down and returning back up to be allowed to trigger back to green

any help and advice greatly appreciated

thanks alot

Hello,

I need a MACD that allows me to have a different applied price for the fast and the slow ma.

I've tried a couple, but didn't found yet, can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot.

airquest:
Hello,

I need a MACD that allows me to have a different applied price for the fast and the slow ma.

I've tried a couple, but didn't found yet, can anyone help ?

Thanks a lot.

Airquest made this one awhile back has the separate price, also has a color osma histo

mrtools:
Airquest made this one awhile back has the separate price, also has a color osma histo

Thank you very much MrTools, you are really helpful.

mladen:
This is a composite MACD with an addition of signal line and OSMA (histogram). Signal line is calculated on composite MACD value (compositing signal line too did not give to logical results so decided to stick to a classical signal line) You can choose signal line mode though (default is ema, but chose the one that suits the best to your style) so that is a deviation from a classical way of calculating Here is one example (default parameters and only 2 MACD values composited into the composite value - max 8 MACD values can be composited in this one too) :

hi mladen,

sorry but my eyes aren't so good any more... could you pls add a thin vertical line in the same subwindow of the indicator, as soon as there's a buy/sell cross and the bar is closed? thanks.

Dear Mladen,

Could we have a MTF version of your MACD RSI Adaptive and (I think it's MrTools') Gaussian MACD ?

That would be really nice of you. Thanks a lot.

tampa:
MACD lines

Also, I like this MACD_1_line, but I don't understand why it is reversed...

airquest:
Also, I like this MACD_1_line, but I don't understand why it is reversed...

I really like it, anyone can help me invert this MACD as in the picture below ?

Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Files:

Inverted ...

airquest:
I really like it, anyone can help me invert this MACD as in the picture below ?

Would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Files:

mladen:
Inverted ...

MLaden,

I think there is a timing error in the main chart. The white ray lines seem to go one bar too long and the blue one bar too short. Is this intentional? Look at where the vertical red lines are. The MACD illustrated uses my favorite periods, 4,8,4.

Thanks,

Tzuman

Files:
mar_06.gif  61 kb
Reason: