MACD indicator - page 76

WR1:
Mladen

Thanks for the reply

i may not of explained quite right,

although possibly its the same anyway?

its when used on any of the normal TFs

mainly trying to use it on 1hr and 4hr in MTF mode calling up an offline chart and also have the required offline chart up and the required TF in string sTfTable - but it wont work on the 1.03 and 1.04 indis

but works fine when using it the same in the Macdbars indi and the required TF is added in string TimeFrameStr

and also works on the text alert i modified from the Macd Histo 1.03

its the Histogram part of the code that seems to cause the problem in the 1.03/1.04 indis,

any other ideas please as much prefer the 1.03 / 1.04 as it has alerts and text

thanks

WR1,

Another possibility, this external string, (since it is part of the signal),

extern string note1 = "0 =sma, 1 =ema, 2 =smma, 3 =lwma, 4=lsma";

was not accounted for in the mtf call out, to account for it you need to add, "" , where the string falls in the external parameters. Anyway did that in this version, for you to check out.

Hi Mr Tools

thanks

but unfortunately its made no difference

one thing i ve found is that 1.04 works on one MT4, but not a few others

the one it works on is used for FX only, and the others are used for Oil / Gold and the Dow

possibly the one with FX has less data and less for the indi to call up from the past

where as the MacdBars has the Maximum bars adjustment although i've re-set it to 20000 and is still ok although likely its not calling up the maximum possible bars ?

also the Macd text 1.03 alert indi, i somehow converted from your Histo to just show text also works ok and also on 1.04 which i converted a few wks ago

so possibly its working because its not actually having to draw anything where as the Histo has to draw all the backs bars, which it does nt seem to like doing

ive tried a few wks ago to add the max bars code off the MacdBars, but it has Banzai code in it, and have no idea what it means and had no luck getting it to work

If possible, please could you add the max bars adjustment into the 1.04 or 1.05

thanks alot

4 time frames MACD

Files:
macd_mtf.gif  44 kb
macd_mtf.mq4  7 kb

added no of bars limit into Mr Tools 1.05 Macd for when using the indi in MTF mode and for offline charts on normal charts

it works ok on normal charts and offline charts, and you can increase the no of bars

but when used in MTF for offline charts on normal charts - some platforms can't cope with all the history

and MT4 either refuses to open or takes forever to open

so seems best left as it is on 10bars, or possibly upto around 200,

the amount of bars that are ok seems to vary, down to the amount of other indicators and history for each different situation and CPU power

not sure its the perfect solution, but better much than before, and maybe of use to anyone using it the same

macd_crossover_histo_-_alerts_amp_mtf_1.05_-_pf.2_noofbars.mq4

Hello Mladen,

could you modify the attached MTF MACD indicator as I describe in the picture.

Attention: Alert/signal only when the trend is changing.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Markus

Files:

Adaptable MACD

Adaptable MACD

Files:

Markus1973:
Hello Mladen,

could you modify the attached MTF MACD indicator as I describe in the picture.

Attention: Alert/signal only when the trend is changing.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Markus

Markus,

As far as I know, "confirmation" of a H4 TF indicator on a M5 chart will take at least 5*12*4 = 240 bars. Anything sooner than that might give a false signal, especially regarding trend changes...

Cheers, Snow.

Thank you, try down(笑)

Snowski:
Markus,

As far as I know, "confirmation" of a H4 TF indicator on a M5 chart will take at least 5*12*4 = 240 bars. Anything sooner than that might give a false signal, especially regarding trend changes...

Cheers, Snow.

Hello Snowski;

for the right "confirmation" we need normallly 240min/5min =48 bars. But when I'm wait for the right "confirmation" I don't need a MTF indicator. I can trade on a H4 chart. I will log in earlier that's the reason. But I give you right when we wait only 1 bar for the right "confirmation" on a M5 chart in this case. It gives to many false signals maybe.

But I have a additional idea. We can make a new indicator input " wait X bars for confirmation" ! I have observe that and I mean when we wait for example 2 or 3 bars in a M5 chart for confirmation we have 90% of the time good signals.

We can test like we want. What do you think about?

Best regards

Markus

where did u get that indicator?

Reason: