Is it possible to run an EA or a SCRIPT in parallel to a signal subscription in MT4?

When I subscribe to a signal is it possible to run in parallel to the signal on the same MT4 application one of the two:

- EA

- Script

Thank you very much!

Domenico:

When I subscribe to a signal is it possible to run in parallel to the signal on the same MT4 application one of the two:

- EA

- Script

Thank you very much!

technicalls yes if it is good enough for your margin but if the signal and your EA have draw down in same time it will be dead call...

It also depends on your Broker rules and if you are always trading in the same direction: long or short.  US brokers do not allow hedging (taking a long and short position on the same pair or CFD at the same time.)  If you have conflicting signals you have to use another broker -- in my case I use a UK broker since my stops are wide.

If you are on a non US account, and your EA/Script does calculate equity in the account, you should be alright. There are EAs that have risk/equity put into the strategy, and it could through off the strategy.  For example, if the signal has a huge drawdown on your account, it could force the EA to stall until your account recovers.........or even worse, it could "overtrade" attempting to hedge position into profit, not understanding the position in trouble is not that of the EA, but rather the signal provider
Reason: